PDA

View Full Version : The legendary Wood Brother's and 20 year old Trever Bayne wins 2011 Daytona 500......

nathans2101
02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
The legendary Wood Brother's Glen & Lenard Wood and their driver 20 year old Trever Bayne from Knoxville, Tennessee in only his second Nascar Sprint Cup Series start wins the 2011 Daytona 500. Trever Bayne drove an awesome race all day managing to stay out of trouble and racing smart. Congradulations to Trever and the hole Wood Brothers orginization for a great race win.

p-towne
02-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Never really thought the Woods brothers would be in victory lane again.
Old gaurd---young gun---How kool is that!!!:D

LITE-INN
02-20-2011, 05:31 PM
that was a sweet deal man who would've thought ,kid didn't even know that he won the race and couldn't find victory lane

osborne5
02-20-2011, 05:45 PM
although i still don't like the way nascar keeps changing the rules at super speedways i have to admit for me this was a pretty exiting race. i also love the fact that a young newcomer did a hell of a job driving and ended up winning the daytona 500.

44-19-21-39
02-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Definitely a Daytona to remember! Congrats Wood Brothers!

blackford
02-20-2011, 05:59 PM
AWESOME!!! This kid done an outstanding job!! Haven't seen the 21 car run so good sense David Pearson. Wood Bros. would be wise to sigh this great young talent on full time in there cup car!!!

Can't bring back the old days, but sure was refreshing to see the #21 win at Daytona again...
http://www.racingspeakers.com/i/pearson_david_car71.jpg

Highside Hustler25
02-20-2011, 06:59 PM
So cool. And the fact that he couldn't find his way to victory lane was a riot. Great to see young talent win at any level.

dirtfan2757
02-20-2011, 07:44 PM
It was real and not per the script! Nascar finally had a day to cherish.

carowner73
02-20-2011, 10:32 PM
the kids already under contract to Roush Fenway, just on loan to the Wood Brothers.

kidrock
02-20-2011, 10:48 PM
the kids already under contract to Roush Fenway, just on loan to the Wood Brothers.

I would bet the rest of the Roush driver are nervous about right now :D:D

Congrats to Trever and the whole Wood brothers team. The kid did look smooth all weekend. Remember he finished 17th last year at Texas in his first cup ride and the first time in a cup car.

C4Vette
02-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Not to give away too much of my age, but I remember the Silver Fox (Pierson) winning everything. Congrats to the Woods Bros. Racing and especially congrats to Trever.

I've never met David Pierson but I followed his career, I know his niece and she's just as genuine as you could imagine.

Tough luck Hendricks!!

Dugger_17
02-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Look at all the ingredients to make up this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)tail... But the kid was smooth as glass, made all the right decisions, had some help from the Cup regulars to get him to the front and then he kept it there... To bad he cant run for rookie of the year, cuz I will guarantee no other rookie will touch this kid... Good pits on and off pit road, he was like cool hand luke... The only problems he had all day was finding victory lane, but something tells me he might take a tour at Phoenix... Just in Case...

Congrats to Trevor and the Wood Brothers that was a blast from the past!!!

stevekinserfan
02-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Carl Edwards made the wrong decision to go low at the end. If he would of went high he and the guy pushing him would of passed Trevor. They looked like they were 10 mph faster and then for some reason Edwards went low and got blocked. Good to see Trevor win instead of Edwards though.

Jake08
02-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Great job Trever

klemmabyna
02-21-2011, 08:37 AM
great to see the woods brothers and this kid in the winner's circle.

this kind of story is the only reason to like the racing at daytona and talladega .

F22 RAPTOR
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Congrats Trevor and Wood Brothers, I'm sure Dale would approve. It was my understanding Trevor is signed part time to Wood Brothers and Rousch in NNS... Love to hear the details, but would hate to see this talent squandered with Rousch.

15jr
02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Great job by Trever and the Wood Brothers Team. It was great to see the old # 21 in Victory lane. I hope this kid can bring more victories to their camp. It was nice to see a name from the past win a race.

F22 RAPTOR- Not sure how you figure Rousch would squander the talents of Trever Baynes? Apparently they had help from Rousch yesterday and that help got him into the winners circle. I guess what I am saying is not everyone can drive for Hendrick or Childress or Gibbs. And the Rousch cars did descent yesterday.

F22 RAPTOR
02-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Great job by Trever and the Wood Brothers Team. It was great to see the old # 21 in Victory lane. I hope this kid can bring more victories to their camp. It was nice to see a name from the past win a race.

F22 RAPTOR- Not sure how you figure Rousch would squander the talents of Trever Baynes? Apparently they had help from Rousch yesterday and that help got him into the winners circle. I guess what I am saying is not everyone can drive for Hendrick or Childress or Gibbs. And the Rousch cars did descent yesterday.

Just saying Rousch hasn't been producing wins regularly the last several years until Carl at end of 2010. I'm just saying I'd rather see Trevor with the Wood Bros, I think they'd appreciate him more than, "the cat in the hat". Just my opinion.

Congrats Trevor and the Woods Bros

Slideways
02-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Congrats to Trevor and the Wood brothers.

Since a Ford won, I bet somebody got their azz chewed out at the nascar offices this morning.
Prolly have to have a few "tweaks" to the rules by the time they unload at Phoenix...

15jr
02-21-2011, 02:16 PM
F22 Raptor- Ok I get you now. I think the big curve was the COT car and then last year was the Chassis Dyno issue. I would rather see Trever with the Wood Brothers also. They need a good driver to get them back to relevancy. Rousch has a good stable of drivers and no room to add another. I just fear that Baynes would be courted away from Ford Teams by others.

wildwilly911
02-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Never really thought the Woods brothers would be in victory lane again.
Old gaurd---young gun---How kool is that!!!:D

and you dont think Nascar and Ford had any thing to do with that, the whole 2 car draft and the youngster winning for the Wood brothers N for Ford is all a ploy to help ratings. you can tell by all the hype going on around them all week during and after the race, any other time the wood brothers would even get a interview

Douglas52D
02-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Since a Ford won, I bet somebody got their azz chewed out at the nascar offices this morning.
Prolly have to have a few "tweaks" to the rules by the time they unload at Phoenix...[/QUOTE]

LOL, typical ford fan. The reason they only win 3-4 races a year is because the whole racing world is against them. Can't you guys come up with something new? Congrats to Trevor, he drove a great race!