PDA

View Full Version : Speaking my mind

lyons17r
02-21-2011, 06:01 PM
This is my first year in racing, I have been around it my whole life, but this past 6mo I have met/talked to and bought stuff off of in my opinion some of the best people you could ever meet, I mean the guy I bought my car from 6 mo ago I still talk to him almost on a daily basis he is a very good guy, but I just wanna thank enyone I have talked to or help me out. I guess ppl like us in dirt track racing are the best kind of ppl you'll ever meet and just about break their back trying to help you out especially if u are like me and just getting started so thank you all and I hope to beat you one day.. Blahahaha jk

If you want you can share how someone in dirt track racing or racing in gernal has helped you out along the way

15jr
02-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Reminds me of when I started out racing Modifieds. I bought a car from a guy who was an A$$. Promised to help set the car up before I bought it. Promised everything. Never once helped in any way. ANother local driver noticed us struggling and offered us a car he bought. I bought it and he helped us get it all set up scaled and everything. Guy was always nice to us and would come over an chat before and after the races. Just a good guy altogether. He never gave me an inch on the track and would always bump me at the start of the race but was always fair and clean.

So yeah its nice to be able to start out the way you have.

lyons17r
02-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Ya i guess its just luck.. i never seem to have n e but i have met very very few that have not been willing to help me out in qny way that was a local driver i think it is that they have been through it all and knows how hard it is expecially now days with money and they like to see rookies and dont want to scare them away with how hard it is

15jr
02-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Thats great you have so much support from the local drivers. Your right some had it hard and try to help out. Some just like competition and figure you may be it either now or someday. We have a lot of people helping nowdays but it wasn't always that way. We had quite a few trying to give advice that just wasn't good advice. Those are the ones that see you as a threat. They are usually the driver who doesn't like the competition.