PDA

View Full Version : DRS shocks

washeduptoo
02-22-2011, 05:44 PM
I know DRS went out of business but was told he had sold his stuff to someone along with the customer list with their valvings. Does anyone know whom this is and a contact number. We broke 2 Bilstein shocks last weekend and need a quick replacement. Thanks

sobe92
02-22-2011, 11:05 PM
what broke on the shocks? if you just snapped a shaft and it did not hurt the piston and stack then anyone that can rebuild the bilstiens should be able to fix it back for you without any problems.

If you can't find some one local then I'm sure BSB can help you out.

bsb-mfg.com

washeduptoo
02-23-2011, 08:01 AM
We were hoping that we could just purchase new ones so we could have it this weekend to use. Looks like thats not going to happen, so I guess we'll have to ship our broke ones and let someone match them. Thanks for the help.

zeroracing
02-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the boat, sure would have been nice of chris to inform people a little better. I guess I missed the memo, until I could not reach him anymore. I recommended him to everybody I knew so now have some of them asking me who now.

I am going to go with Rex Merritt out of missouri. Washeduptoo if I remember your in an Allen car? Rex was one of their house cars, and is still tied in with Allen somehow. I had heard in-laws, but he can fix you up with great bilstiens.

shocker33
02-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Give Keith Berner of accu-force dynos a call. He's as good with bilsteins as they get. 330-674-2847.

BLAHBLAH
02-25-2011, 07:16 PM
HELLO, don;t mean to but in but if your shocks have a sCHRADER valve you can revalve or change the shaft on your own. its not that hard, and the parts can be purchased thru any bilstein shock dealer, i can walk you thru it if needed.....but if they dont have the schrader valve you either need to install one or have the special tool to refill the gas. also if there are any dents in the body the shock is no longer useable. hope this helps

washeduptoo
02-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the help. Rex is Scotty's father-in-law. We have the Allen pkg(its a good all around pkg), started using DRS dry slick and liked them so we got the heavy track pkg too. Decided to go with BSB and hopefully things will work out.
We thought about getting the stuff to add N2 but decided against it. Not sure how much it would cost to rebuild your own shocks but we thought a pro would better serve on needs. Again thanks for the help.

sobe92
02-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Some dents can be fixed to save the body others depending on the area make it impossible to rebuild the shock

modfan83
03-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I am the one who purchased DRS from Chris. Brian Taft from BCR Race Products. We are located in Northeast Ohio. It seems like you were able to get through your dilemma, but if you need anything in the future we would be more than happy to help. We did receive all customer info, valvings, etc from DRS so to keep previous customers on thier current set-ups. We will gladly service and all DRS customers. Give us a call or shoot us an email. Look forward to hearing from you.
Brian Taft
BCR Race Products
704-796-4651
bcrraceproducts@gmail.com
bcrraceproducts.com

washeduptoo
03-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks, maybe others will read this and will know whom to contact now. Thanks again.