View Full Version : Boom Briggs Opens 2011 Season in Florida with UMP and WoO

JNJ Motorsports Media
02-23-2011, 11:27 AM
For Immediate Release:
Boom Briggs Racing (BBR)
contact@jnjmotorsportsmedia.com
JNJ Motorsports Media

Boom Briggs Opens 2011 Season in Florida with UMP and WoO

Bear Lake, PA (February 21, 2011) Rick ‘Boom’ Briggs and the Boom Briggs Racing team have returned from their week long venture to Ocala Speedway in Ocala, FL and Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville, FL where the team competed in the 40th Annual Florida DirtCar Nationals presented by UNOH. The DIRTcar Nationals consisted of six straight nights of Super Late Model action including the first two events of the 2011 World of Outlaws Late Model Series season.

Boom saw his first action of the season at Ocala Speedway for the ‘Battle Between the Coasts’ on Sunday, February 13. After qualifying fifth in his group, Briggs worked his way to a second place finish in his heat behind 2009 and 2010 World of Outlaws Late Model Series Champion Josh Richards. Boom started the $8,000 to-win event in the eighth position but pulled his Meridien Hardwoods, Sorbera Family Chiropractic, Horton Equipment, Asel Enterprises, Briggs Transport, Tony Stec Lumber, Chub Frank Racing, CJ’s Auto Transport sponsored 99B Rocket Chassis off the track early in the event because of rough track conditions relegating him to a 16th place finish.

‘Ocala was a tough deal for everyone,’ Briggs said on his way back to Bear Lake, PA from the sunny confines of Florida. ‘It was the first time we had the car on any track, everything was brand new. We went to Ocala to get some laps to shake everything down. Unfortunately, with the track conditions, we weren’t able to do that. It was also the first time I was in a car since the concussion I received at the end of last season (October 27, 2010), so I didn’t want to bounce my head around like that the first night out. We still had a week to go over at Volusia so we figured it’d be best to pull off and save the car for the rest of the week. ’

The next day it was off to Volusia Speedway Park for six nights at the 40th Annual Florida DirtCar Nationals presented by UNOH. It ended up being a long week for Boom and team as the team was unable to qualify for any of the six feature events. ‘We struggled to find the speed we needed to compete with those guys,’ Boom said, ‘we got better as the week went on but the speed just wasn’t there. Even though we weren’t as competitive as we would have liked, it was still a good week because I feel we got a lot of the bug worked out of the new car and it became more balanced as the week went on. I’m confident in what we accomplished in Florida, will translate into some good things when racing up our way gets started in about a month.’

Tentatively Boom Briggs and the Boom Briggs Racing Team will be in action at Lernerville Speedway in Sarver, PA on Friday, March 25 and on Saturday, March 26 at the $3,000 to-win, UFO sanctioned ‘Chiller Thriller’ at Mercer Raceway Park in Mercer, PA. More details on Boom’s 2011 schedule will be available shortly as the team regroups from their Florida trip.

For more information on these events please visit www.lernerville.com, www.mercerracewaypark.com, or www.uforacechampionship.com.

For more information on Boom Briggs visit his website at www.boombriggs.com.

Boom Briggs and Boom Briggs Racing would like to thank their sponsors for the 2010 season: Meridien Hardwoods, Sorbera Family Chiropractic, Horton Equipment, Asel Enterprises, Briggs Transport, Tony Stec Lumber, Chub Frank Racing, CJ’s Auto Transport, Custom Race Engines, Rocket Chassis, Hoosier Racing Tires, JNJ Motorsports Media, Buccola’s, Sunset Dairy, Bodies by Lacki, GW Performance, Ohlins Shocks, Slavic Custom Racing Shirts and Decals, VP Racing Fuel, All Star Performance, Outerwears, Safety Solutions, Rush Performance, Hypercoils, K-B Carburetors, Argo Pit Equipment, Brinn Transmissions, Mason Racin, Wrisco Aluminum, Performance Friction Brakes, Speed Bear Fasteners, Ringers Gloves, Schuyler’s, Frankland, Motul Lubricants, Aurora Rod Ends, Kirkey, Tarpco Inc., Performance Bodies, Jones Racing Products, Wiles Driveshafts, Cruise with the Champions, Weld Racing, KRC Power Steering, Race Pumps, and Simpson Race Products.

Written and Distributed by:
JNJ Motorsports Media
www.jnjmotorsportsmedia.com