PDA

View Full Version : Jr Hating???

Dirtcar Slinger
02-24-2011, 03:13 AM
What in the world is everyone's problem with Dale Jr.? Is he great no, is he horrible no. Personally, I think his biggest problems are unrealistic expectations set for him by almost everyone and getting a crew chief that he won't mouth off to and if he does tell him how its gonna be. Look at the first few years of his career...Tony Sr. was his crew chief (also his uncle) and he did very well. First couple of years with Tony Jr. were good then it all went to he!! in a hand basket. Why? Because they are cousins...they prolly do not think twice about mouthing off to each other (or Jr. at least). He prolly wasn't about to mouth off to his uncle Tony Sr.

Don't hate the guy because he is in the best equipment money can buy and not getting results. A lot of factors play into that. He has had quite a few good days turn into bad finishes for whatever reason...crashes (some his own fault, some not), part failures, pit strategy, etc.

Doubt Hendrick gets rid of him anytime soon. Brings in A LOT of cash win or not.

Highside Hustler25
02-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Look out, here we go.:o

Dirtcar Slinger
02-26-2011, 02:51 AM
Ya. I know. haha

Got bored and figured why not. Put an opinion out there and then watch the excitement begin. Jr. threads are always good for that. haha. Fairly shocked it only had one response.

Dugger_17
02-26-2011, 05:39 AM
Its no fun to kick a guy while hes down!!! LOL, But what the heck here it goes...Great equipment, from a great racing family, no talent what so ever.... What a shame...Ill bet Hendrick would be kicking his own azz for getting rid of "Kryle Pouty Busch" if not for the money JR brings in. But hey his name is putting parts on the rest of the Hendricks cars...

mudslinger47
02-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Well, Jr got a top ten today, nothing wrong with that, not a real team fan, but I like Jr ok, seems like a down to earth guy. Three of Hendricks cars in the top ten, good day for them.

Duane

Drunk In The Stands
02-28-2011, 02:54 AM
The main reason for all the Jr hating out there is just because he has more fans than probably anybody else. Having more total fans means there are more of the people that think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and are very outspoken about it, which leaves a lot of room for the haters to come back and talk trash due to the lack of results.

I would venture to say most Jr fans are like me. We are fans, but realize there's something wrong, and are just waiting for the day that he turns his act around (if that day does in fact come). You don't win 17 races in 8 years by being a no talent hack that just lucked into good equipment. I think those numbers are right for his DEI days.

Madcat
03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Sweet, as stated, how can you not hate on Jr. He has 0 racing talent what so ever. Actually, I don't think he doesn't have talent, I don't think he cares. He is only racing now, because his daddy would want him to.

He has the best stuff, best team, most fans, blah blah, but can't win. Why wouldn't you hate on him?

Not like I dislike him personally, just don't like him racing.

I hate Nascar as it is, but it's on about every weekend anyways, so I can sleep through the races, gives me an excuse not to work around the house.

CIRF
03-04-2011, 09:59 AM
First, I like Earnhardt. I think he's a nice kid that obviously was taught good manners, respect and integrity as a result of his military school experience. Something a whole bunch of young people could use these days, by the way.

What I think many who don't like him find distasteful is that he is the highest paid driver in NASCAR and receives an inordinate amount of media attention without results that would warrant either. Now, everyone deserves all they can get, legally, for what they do for a living and sometimes there is no account for popularity. That almost never happens in other sports. Womens tennis, maybe Anna Kournikova. There are drivers who have produced much, much more and don't get comparable money or attention. During the 2011 Daytona 500 Dale was mentioned more than any other driver and those who aren't fans get tired of it all. Human nature I reckon.

mudslinger47
03-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Nuther top ten, Good job by Jr and crew. That is one thing that he has now that he didn't have, this crew is doing its job. Last yr, I think the crew just lost interest. If Jr. was doin' OK they'd drop the ball and if the crew was goin' good the crew chief would make a bum call. Then Jr gets frustrated and speeds or crashes . Got to have all the pieces if your going to run at the top level. Jr's crew worked well today and it showed.

I would not want to be Biffles gas man today. His fault or not, Bif went for 2ond to 35 at least one lap down because of gas. That can't happen.

Duane

racin6mod
03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
JR took a car and crew that led 215 laps at las vegas last season and finished in the top ten.lets not forget the 14 and 39 are also hendrick cars motors, chassis and tech support.

he's making a dam good living off his dad's name with very little talent.when he got his wins at DEI michel waltrip was also winning with DEI cars and he has spent the last few yeas proving he has no talent behind the wheel.they just had an edge back then legal or not who knows but they did win. jr has only won on fuel milage in the last couple years. DW doesn't help jr at all he adds to the haters every week.

vrouse1
03-07-2011, 09:05 PM
So. I am assuming that "No Talent" as you all say, means that anybody could jump in his car and get a top 10 finish. He is doing what he is doing because he enjoys it!!! I'm sure all you Jr. haters could get in his car and do real well. Most of ya have never even driven a race car. You probably drive a broken down Hyundai or something. :)

mudslinger47
03-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Your all over that one vrouse1. Jr. never won a race and never even drove a car before his daddy let him. I'm not even a real Jr fan and I get sick of the block heads that bash the guy. But what the block head for got to mention is that the guy driving Jrs old car pegged the wall in a car that finished 16th last year. What a dolt.

Duane

MotorMouth
03-08-2011, 07:21 AM
For want of a nail the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe the horse was lost. For want of a horse the soldier was lost. For want of a soldier the battle was lost. A team like any military unit is only as good as its parts. Junior is only a part of the team. The pit stops show that he is not the whole team. It has been said often enough that he has probably not had the best of everything that would make the driver the only problem.

As for the driver, I think that many people felt that he would fill that void for them when his dad was killed. I know that I fall into that category. He is just not the same person as his dad. We are products of our ancestors but we are not our ancestors.

Junior has probably had a much, much bigger cross to bear in racing even had his dad lived. With his dad gone there is even more focus on him to the point that I would imagine that there have been many instances where he would have rather been any place but a race track.

mr.slidewayz
03-08-2011, 01:33 PM
jr is alright in my book . he dosent drive like he is hungry anymore . but he still makes a deasent show of it . why dont you haters direct your anger where it would actually be worth mentioning ...... like the start and park guys , or this danica , danica ,danica b.s . if she gets anywhere near the top 10 the commentators go nutts . im not hating the girl , but she only looks good outside the car !