PDA

View Full Version : 9" rearend ?????

Rocketman1187
02-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok guys need you help. I have a 9" ford rear end that i took the hubs off of to put a different style birdcage on. While taking off the spanner nut (nut that holds on the hub) i noticed that the threads in the aluminum nut were not looking the best. So i got new ones and got back to the shop and the new ones from afco are WAY to big. about 1.5 times the diameter. So my question is where do i find different size spanner nuts and how do i know what size i need...

Any help GREATLY appreciated!

dirty white boy
02-24-2011, 05:23 PM
sounds like you got the nut for the wide-5 hubs an need the ones for grand national hubs....

Rocketman1187
02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
well thats kinda what i thought but on the packaging of the new afco nuts it says "afco 9" GN spanner nut" so i know thats the proper nut and i bought the nuts from larry shaw race cars and they said that was the proper nuts for the 9" rear end... could anyone post a pic of the GN nut and the quickchange nut? i really need to get this buttoned up asap so we can get the car rolling but i havent been able to find what i need.

coleman63
02-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Sounds like mini 5 hubs, I had a set of them and the nut is definitely way smaller than GN style. This link may help you decide. http://www.stockcarproducts.com/afhubr.htm