PDA

View Full Version : Lr multi leaf bite

stewballs
02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
G'day guys. Just after a little help with working out how much rear bite to run on a modified multi leaf rear end. Its just a standard multi leaf with one shock per side as per my rulebook. Its a little hard getting good information down here in Australia on modifieds so all suggestions are much appreciated. Cheers.
:cool:

HEAVY DUTY
02-24-2011, 09:46 PM
We ran about 200 lbs LR with driver with a pair of 175 Landrum leafs.I didnt like a softer RR it killed sidebite on our cars.Run the shocks staggered and space them farther from the plate to increase dampening if you have wheel hop or chatter on the brakes.

stewballs
02-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks for that Heavy Duty. Just wondering what you meant you say 'run the shocks staggered'? Im not sure what that means i have to do.

smithracer40
02-25-2011, 02:52 AM
means run one shock in front of housing, and one behind.

mr.slidewayz
02-27-2011, 02:11 PM
means run one shock in front of housing, and one behind.

will they let you use a birdcage (a slip joint around the axle that unhooks the spring from the axlehousing) on your cars ? we run a "fastboy" set up that gives anbelievable traction . look up the fastboy stuff on this forum . and be prepaired to carry the left front a couple feet in the air .

stewballs
02-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Im picking what your putting down. I'm all over it like a rash. I will give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks Mr Slideways.