PDA

View Full Version : Modified Books

Straight2TheFront
02-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Anyone have any recommendations on a good book to learn all about a modified?

not clamped up
02-25-2011, 12:16 PM
http://www.racetechinfo.com/
you might find what your looking for here.

strykr
02-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Steve Smith Autosports has a very good book on the IMCA modifieds.

Dirtrace54
02-26-2011, 04:14 PM
I have both Smith books and Harris video/book. Harris gets pretty indepth on some things. The Smith books are great learner books, although some things are a lil dated. All have good info tho.

nikk
02-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Ditto on the Smith book.For some really in-depth tech and current setups,the Mark Bush chassis school is the best!He only sells his book at the class.It is worth the 3 days and $400.We sure don't mind dropping that kind of money for the latest doo dad for the car!

1Blacksheep
02-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Steve Smith book is a good one but I agree with it being a little behind on the times. 10 years ago it was probably spot on and all you needed to know. It is still good reading tho. Bush's Race Wise good read also. May scare some off with how technical it makes the sport . Even it does not share all the secrets that you will only get at the track.

Straight2TheFront
02-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Thank you all very much. I took your opinions and went with 2 different Smith books. The I.M.C.A. Modified book and the dirt track suspension and set up book as well. Does anyone have a copy of the Bush's Race Wise book, or know where to get a copy without attending the class?

primal2
02-27-2011, 06:29 PM
The 2nd edition Dirt late model book by Smith and Joe Garrison is a great book for mods as well and its probably more relevant to today's mod suspensions than most books out there. The first edition isn't bad either. The Mark Bush package is the best if you can get a copy on the sly.

washeduptoo
02-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Its not a book but there have been some great articles in the dirt modified mag and late model mag by Mark Bush. I think you can buy back issues. Good luck.