PDA

View Full Version : FASTRAK and Modoc INCREASE STARTING MONEY FOR MODOC 100!

FASTRAKPR
02-28-2011, 04:54 PM
In a continued effort to support race teams under tougher economic conditions, the FASTRAK Racing Series and Modoc Speedway officials have elected to increase the start money for the FASTRAK event at this weekend’s Modoc 100 to $300.00. “Brian Stewart, Stan Lester, and I have spent considerable time in evaluating this event and the purse itself”, stated FASTRAK’s Jason Atkins. “We realize the costs involved in racing, especially in a two day event. The Modoc 100 is a prestigious event for our teams to be a part of, and we all felt that making this change would properly reward all of our teams.”

“I commend Brian for making this change”, stated Lester. “The increase in start money will help more of our teams and I am glad that we are able to give back to them.” Both the series and the speedway have continued to make efforts to improve not only this event, but dirt late model racing in general. “This is definitely a step in the right direction”, explained Stewart. “We continue to work on our facilities and events to make this the best weekend of racing possible for both our racers and our fans”.

The 3rd Annual Modoc 100 kicks off this Thursday evening with open practice. Qualifying and heat races for the FASTRAK Pro Late Models are set for Friday Night. Saturday will feature B-Main’s and the $5000 to win feature for the FASTRAK Pro Late Models. Feature racing is also scheduled for Modoc Speedways support divisions and the new SAS East/ULTIMATE Super Late Models Series. For more information please visit www.modocspeedway.com and www.fastrakracing.com

Partners of the FASTRAK Racing Series include: Hoosier Racing Tires, GM Performance Parts, City Chevrolet, VP Racing Fuels, NOS Energy Drink, Shell Racing Solutions, Old Man’s Garage, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, RockAuto, and Beyea Headers. To become a partner with the FASTRAK Racing Series, please call 678-935-7304