PDA

View Full Version : Chris Ferguson Set to Debut New Warrior Race Car

flagone
03-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Chris Ferguson Set to Debut New Warrior Race Car

Mt. Holly, North Carolina – After many long nights spent in his Mt. Holly, North Carolina race shop up and coming dirt late model racer Chris Ferguson and his team are set to debut a brand new race car at this weekend’s Ultimate Racing Series events. Ferguson, who has long piloted Rocket Chassis, made the switch over the off-season to Knoxville, Tennessee based Warrior Race Cars. “We just wanted to try something new. The success that Dale McDowell and Mike Marlar had last year really led us to look at what Sanford and those guys were doing with the Warriors. What we have seen thus far has been very impressive. They are building a very solid and tunable race car. And with the Randy Clary Engine under the hood we have a very potent package. I know that there will be a little bit of learning and driving adjustment on my part, but I honestly believe we will be competitive right off the trailer.” commented Ferguson.

Ferguson will lift the lid on his 2011 season on Saturday, March 5th at the Ultimate Late Model Series opener at the Modoc Speedway in Modoc, South Carolina. The Ultimate Series, formerly known as the Southern All Stars East Series, portion of the Modoc 100 will pay $5000 to the event winner. Then on Sunday, March 6th Ferguson will follow the Series North to one of his favorite tracks – the 3/8ths of a mile Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, South Carolina. Cherokee Speedway will play host to its 9th Annual March Madness event which will pay $10,000 to win. “I am very excited about this weekend. On top of debuting a new car we will also have a new paint scheme from Big A’s Custom Graphics. It is easily one of the best looking cars I have ever had.” Ferguson commented.

Ferguson will also be facing two extremes in the double-header – one track he isn’t very familiar with and another that he has raced frequently throughout his career. However Ferguson has high expectations at both tracks. “ I haven’t raced at Modoc in a few years and I’ve never raced there in a super so it will definitely be interesting. It seems like they have cut a little banking out of the track since I raced there but it still looks really racy. And then Sunday at Cherokee I feel like with a little luck on our side we have as good a chance as anyone to pick up the win. We had some great runs there last year and we won that East race there back in June so I feel like we have a good chance on Sunday. I have been itching to get the car finished and get to racing. So I am glad to finally get back in the seat.” Ferguson added.

In the last few days Ferguson has also made his rounds with the racing media. Earlier this week Ferguson was featured in a Q&A article in the prestigious National Speed Sport News. The article, entitled Short Track Top Five, is a weekly feature by NSSN’s Adam Fenwick that spotlights a short-track racer and details their thoughts and opinions on a series of five questions. The Ferguson article can be found at www.nationalspeedsportnews.com . And beginning in afternoon of Wednesday, March 2nd Chris is featured in the ever popular dirt late model website DirtonDirt.com’s VideoCast segment. In the VideoCast Chris details his change to Warrior Race Cars and his expectations for his 2011 season. Chris talks about his good friend Trevor Bayne’s Daytona 500 triumph and concludes the segment by making an interesting wager on the upcoming Duke-North Carolina basketball game with VideoCast host Michael Rigsby. To see the VideoCast visit www.dirtondirt.com – a subscription is required.

Chris is also very proud and excited to announce his group of 2011 sponsors and supporters. “It takes every bit of help we can get just to get to one of these races. So each and every person or company that supports us in any way is very important to the success of our racing program. I am blessed to have a great group of partners for 2011. Many of those have been with us for a number of years and others are new but we appreciate all of them just the same. We are still hoping to add a few more supporters before the season really gets into full swing.” Ferguson said.
Chris and his team would like to thank Starrette Trucking, Hals Plumbing, Carver and Sons Roofing, Quality Landscape Materials, Creech's DJ Service, Big A's Custom Graphics, Keith's Handyman Service, Randy Clary Race Engines, Warrior Race Cars, Quality Fasteners, RE Suspension, K&N Filters, FK Rod Ends, Fragola Performance Systems, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil and Lubricants, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Hooker Harness, Outerwears, RF Composites, Team W, KELCAR Motorsports Media and Behrent’s Performance Warehouse.

Chris’ has a new website that is currently in development and should launch soon. Until the new website is released supporters and fans can keep up Chris and his CFM Race Team by liking Ferguson’s Fan Page on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ChrisFerguson22 . You can also follow Chris on his Twitter @ChrisFerguson22. And finally fans should be on the lookout for new CFM Merchandise that will be released soon.