PDA

View Full Version : new falcon vs used brinn

ModRacing1124
03-03-2011, 11:19 AM
What would you buy? A new Falcon or a used Brinn? I am looking at buying a transmission. Leaning towards a brand new Falcon (pricewise) but also been seeing a few used Brinns for sale around $800. What would be the better choice. Thanks

calif54
03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Brinn, Brinn, Brinn, Brinn- enough said. JMO

phenom08
03-03-2011, 06:55 PM
get the used Brinn hands down

dirttrackrocker
03-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Brinn Absolutely......

usafracer
03-04-2011, 12:26 PM
I have run them both. The Brinn shifts a lot smoother. I think the Falcon is a stronger trans. I have broke 2 brinns but never broke a Falcon.

powerslide
03-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I have run them both. The Brinn shifts a lot smoother. I think the Falcon is a stronger trans. I have broke 2 brinns but never broke a Falcon.

Do tell how they were broke... I see alot of broke falcons and berts around never see too many brinns or even hear of people breaking them. Most of the complaints/problems with the bert and falcons are the shifting and then causing them to burn up clutches falcon tailshafts also seem to bust easy if you throw a shaft.

dirttrackrocker
03-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I agree.. I've seen lots of Falcons with broken tailshafts.

calif54
03-04-2011, 03:33 PM
The only Brinn I damaged or have seen damaged was a result of a broken suspension part (pull bar, J-bar, ect) that caused the driveshaft to get thrown out damaging the tail housing. A little pricey to repair (cost of new tail housing) but very simple and fairly quick repair.

racin6mod
03-05-2011, 08:00 AM
in the repair shop I work on all three and the brinn's usually only need clutches replaced and some times the slave cylinder will stick if the trany has sat for a long time.the seal area on the tail housing can be repaired after a drive shaft yoke has damaged the seal area.must falcons that come in have a tail shaft that is flopping around(loose) due to a bad design in the way it is supported at the front end of the shaft and the bearing location.this is the same area where the brinn has the best design.the falcon alo has a very thin tailhousing,they went to fare to save overall wieght.

a busted brinn sh!t happens but two busted brinns thats just b.s. the reason ther resale value is as high as a new falcon or even a bert is they're just that much stronger.