PDA

View Full Version : North Ga Why no Econo Hobby

RW57
03-05-2011, 06:11 PM
The speedway has left the Econo Hobby drivers out in the cold . They put in a Boyds class and I do not understand why. There is thousands of dollars difference in a econo motor vs a modifed hobby motor we were going to run North Ga all year but now I guess not We along with other econo drivers do not have the money to build a new engine We could possibly compete with a weight brake of maybe 200 pounds remember we have 425 lift cams smog heads 600 holleys . Modifed hobby at 2900 can run triple disc clutches solid lifter cams 750 holleys vortech heads roller rockers 202 valve heads etc anyb ody else have an opinon on this. I personally know of 5 cars here locally who have no choice but to run Dixie maybe give the 425 motors the same wgt as a 602 I just think it is a shame that they did this.

skinnyracer39
03-05-2011, 06:24 PM
i think they were 8 cars at the last race they had !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

security one
03-05-2011, 07:44 PM
and also about 5 of those were boyds b hobby cars there i think a good choice because there are no econos in dalton chatsworth area all those came from around dixie area and most cars raced at dixie.

RW57
03-05-2011, 07:57 PM
14 we raced there finished 6th more like 6 modifed hobby cars

RW57
03-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I will agree about some of those cars being boyds cars but most of them go to cleveland sat nite we may try it some and see but I see no way for any of the econo cars to compete without a weight break or a new engine look at it this way how would you feel if you had an econo car with no place to race just askin

skinnyracer39
03-05-2011, 08:07 PM
i think you guys can still race at nga i think maybe can get a weight break in modify class .

RW57
03-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Hopefully we really like the place

drflavio309
03-06-2011, 12:02 PM
not saying it's right or wrong, but I see the tracks point, they want to put as many fans in the seats as they can, in econo hobby there was a mix of steel body cars and alum body cars, and both were complaining, that they wanted breaks, the steel body cars were saying the alum body cars had an advantage, and so on and so on, so changes have to be made sometimes and it don't always hmake everyone happy, the track did what they thought would be best for the track.
I know of a few times that econo cars were running lap times faster than the mod hobby cars, so say what you want about motors. I think this will give the fans a better show and that brings in more fans and more fans means better payouts for all classes.. you can't please everyone every time.... you may want to find a sponsor for your econo class and have them step up contact the track and offer to pay the econo class payout and i bet the track would bring the class back.... just an idea..

the dr.

99plummer
03-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Well I for one Like the B hobby cars better. I could build a winning B hobby car and race.. I could Not build a Winning Econo Hobby..There just stock clip late models with three links . It would cost me $10,000 to build one . I could build A front Running B hobby for way less.

F22 RAPTOR
03-07-2011, 11:07 AM
The speedway has left the Econo Hobby drivers out in the cold . They put in a Boyds class and I do not understand why. There is thousands of dollars difference in a econo motor vs a modifed hobby motor we were going to run North Ga all year but now I guess not We along with other econo drivers do not have the money to build a new engine We could possibly compete with a weight brake of maybe 200 pounds remember we have 425 lift cams smog heads 600 holleys . Modifed hobby at 2900 can run triple disc clutches solid lifter cams 750 holleys vortech heads roller rockers 202 valve heads etc anyb ody else have an opinon on this. I personally know of 5 cars here locally who have no choice but to run Dixie maybe give the 425 motors the same wgt as a 602 I just think it is a shame that they did this.

I like your idea of a weight break, then the track could draw a larger field all total. JMO

skinnyracer39
03-07-2011, 07:34 PM
i think maybe the econos can get a weight break, if the car is exactly to the econo rules .