PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Weekend at Boyd's and Cleveland is on Mrach 11th and 12th

Southern Allstars PR
03-06-2011, 01:50 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SAS SHAMROCK WEEKEND - BOYD'S/CLEVELAND DOUBLE HEADER IS ON MARCH 11TH & 12TH

Clinton, TN (3/06/11) The Southern All Stars Dirt Racing Series is set to kick off its twenty-ninth season in what promises to be an action packed weekend at Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia and Cleveland Speedway in Cleveland, Tennessee this weekend.

The doubleheader weekend will kick off Friday night March 11th at Richard and Robert Harvey's Boyd's Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia and will feature one of the tracks richest purses in the modern era with a $20,000 total purse and a $5,000 to win, fifty lap main event for SAS Late Models.

A strong slate of local racing action will include: Crate Late Models, A&B Hobby and Front Wheel Drive divisions.

Then it's on to Monty Morrow's historic Cleveland Speedway in Cleveland, Tennessee for the Sixteenth running of The Shamrock, one of the south’s most recognized events that will again boast a thirty-five thousand dollar total purse and will pay the winner $10,000.

Jonathan Davenport of Blairsville, Georgia, driving the Barry Wright House Car, walked away with the winners check and the big green Shamrock trophy last year, beating out several big names like Dale McDowell (2nd) Jimmy Owens (3rd) Chris Wall (4th) and Chris Madden (5th).

Cleveland’s local racing slate will include Limited Late Model, Hobby, Pony and Front Wheel Drive.

Drivers expected to be in action at both or at least at one of these events this weekend include two time defending series champion, Randy Weaver, Jimmy Owens, Dale McDowell, Ray Cook, Chris Wall, Tommy Kerr, Billy Ogle Jr. Tony Knowles, Shane Clanton, Todd Morrow, Scott Creel, Ronny Lee Hollingsworth, Skip Arp, Ronnie Johnson, Doug Smith, Freddy Smith, Riley Hickman and many other local, regional and national stars.

The Southern All Stars Dirt Racing Series tire rule for the 2011 season will be Hoosier Only with the following compounds permitted: 1300, 1350, 1450, 1600, D70 (right rear only option). These compounds include Open and Spec tires. The USA Crate 21s and 55s will also be permitted. All tires must durometer a minimum of 40 and are always subject to chemical analysis through an independent laboratory.

There have been additional rules modifications for 2011 including additional weight required for the Spec and Steel Motor packages. For a complete list of the rules, log on to the series website (listed below) and click on the rules tab.

For additional information, log on to the Southern All Stars website at www.SouthernAllStarsRacingSeries.com,the Boyd’s Speedway website at www.BoydsSpeedway.com and the Cleveland Speedway website at www.ClvelandSpeedway.com

dirtfan22
03-07-2011, 12:22 PM
What time does the gates open at Boyd's?

Winston_Wolfe
03-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Does Boyd's have reserved seating? We have to wait until everyone is off work and may not get down there until 8:00 or after.

upaginit in North GA
03-07-2011, 06:10 PM
I have never seen any reserve seating at Boyd's.

garacefan11
03-07-2011, 08:29 PM
no reserved seating that i know about but there is always a spot in turn one :cool:

F22 RAPTOR
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
After reviewing the rule changes from SAS this year, I think I'm gonna boycott them. Last year Rj won some races with a combination of a SPEC engine and CT525, now they've essentially made the CT525 useless and NON-competitive. Thanks SAS for sticking it to the lesser funded teams, I think I'll take my support elsewhere. Putting a CT525 and an unlimited motor on equal footing(#2300 with 8'' spoiler) is a joke and a slap in the face.

WEIGHT/ENGINES/ SPOILER
• All weights include driver and are after qualifying.
• Unlimited cubic inch with aluminum heads and aluminum block -2300 lbs. and an 8” spoiler. GM Performance Parts CT525 Crate Engine is permitted - must weigh 2300 lbs. and an 8” spoiler.
• Unlimited cubic inches with all cast iron block and aluminum or steel heads - 2250 lbs. with an 8” spoiler.
• 362 MAXIMUM Cubic Inches with steel block and steel heads and flat top pistons, flat tappet cam with any intake. No ported or polished heads permitted - 2250 lbs. and a 12” inch spoiler.
• The GM 602 and 604 SEALED crate engines will be allowed at 2250 lbs. and may run a 12” spoiler.

F22 RAPTOR
03-07-2011, 10:58 PM
ATTENTION F22 RAPTOR & THOSE LIKE HIM/HER:

HERE'S THE THING......SUPER LATE MODELS ARE JUST THAT (THEY HAVE BIG MOTORS). IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD OR CANNOT DRIVE A RACE CAR WITH A "BIG MOTOR", THEN RACE IN THE CLASS THAT YOUR CAR QUALIFIES FOR......CRATE LATE MODEL, LIMITED LATE MODEL, STEEL HEAD CLASS! WHOEVER TOLD YOU THAT LIFE IS FAIR, DID YOU A GREAT DISSERVICE. HAS IT OCCURED TO YOU THAT ON A DRY TRACK, YOUR CAR WILL BE COMPETITIVE WITH BIG MOTORS (IE: BIG MOTORS SPIN & DON'T GET AS GREAT TRACTION AS THE "CANDY" MOTORS DO). IF ANYTHING, IT IS THE BIG (UNLIMITED) MOTORS THAT ARE GETTING CHEATED BY THOSE RULES TO WHICH YOU FEEL YOU ARE OWED.....HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU ACTUALLY RACE ON A DRY TRACK? MORE SO THAN A WET ONE LAST YEAR. EVER HEARD OF RONNIE JOHNSON OR SKIP ARP?...THEY WON RACES IN THE SUPER LATE MODEL CLASS. YOU WIN SOME, YOU LOSE SOME...THAT'S LIFE. FURTHER YOU ARE POSTING UNDER THE HEADING OF SUPER LATE MODEL AND OBVIOUSLY YOUR CAR ISN'T ONE OF THEM! HOW ABOUT POSTING UNDER THE HEADING IN WHICH YOUR CAR BELONGS? AS FOR BOYCOTTING THE SOUTHERN ALLSTARS SANCTIONED RACES, I'M PRETTY SURE THAT THEY WILL BE FINE WITHOUT YOU AND OTHERS LIKE YOU. EVER HEARD OF B.J. PARKER SOUTHERN ALLSTARS? THOSE SANCTIONED EVENTS HAVE SURVIVED MORE THAN 20 YEARS! TAKE YOUR TOYS AND GO PLAY IN A SAND BOX THAT IS "AGE" APPROPRIATE!

BRING ON THE THUNDER & LIGHTNING THAT ARE THE "TRUE" SUPER LATE MODELS!!!!

AS STATED ABOVE BY F22 RAPTOR
"After reviewing the rule changes from SAS this year, I think I'm gonna boycott them. Last year Rj won some races with a combination of a SPEC engine and CT525, now they've essentially made the CT525 useless and NON-competitive. Thanks SAS for sticking it to the lesser funded teams, I think I'll take my support elsewhere. Putting a CT525 and an unlimited motor on equal footing(#2300 with 8'' spoiler) is a joke and a slap in the face."

"Originally Posted by Per SAS Rulebook
WEIGHT/ENGINES/ SPOILER
• All weights include driver and are after qualifying.
• Unlimited cubic inch with aluminum heads and aluminum block -2300 lbs. and an 8” spoiler. GM Performance Parts CT525 Crate Engine is permitted - must weigh 2300 lbs. and an 8” spoiler.
• Unlimited cubic inches with all cast iron block and aluminum or steel heads - 2250 lbs. with an 8” spoiler.
• 362 MAXIMUM Cubic Inches with steel block and steel heads and flat top pistons, flat tappet cam with any intake. No ported or polished heads permitted - 2250 lbs. and a 12” inch spoiler.
• The GM 602 and 604 SEALED crate engines will be allowed at 2250 lbs. and may run a 12” spoiler."

Yeah, I know RJ and Skip and they both won So called Super shows last year utilizing SPEC engines and the CT525. When Supers have finally dried up and no one can afford to run them or promote them your tune will change. SAS has just declared war on the blue collar racer, plain and simple. BOYCOTT the SAS in 2011 !!!

F22 RAPTOR
03-08-2011, 08:52 AM
There are many drivers that can afford the big motors because they work hard to play hard!

Actually most drivers can't afford Supers on their own, most drive for someone else these days.

Do you realize there are super late model drivers that make their living racing a "true" super late model?

Yes, I know, I worked in the industry from 1998-2004 at Carrera Racing Shocks. I also worked with drivers like Buck Simmons, Tim Headen, Stan Massey, Leon Sells and many more thru my work at Carrera, so I know very well how much it costs to run these cars, but only about 1% to 2% actually make a living at it, most have to have day jobs.

Southern Allstars realize that the fans come to see the horsepower.
You obviously aren't "Mr. Current Events". SAS had plenty of fans, plenty of unlimited motor cars in competition and an unlimited powered car won the title. However it was my understanding fans come for a good race, not a horsepower display. There were plenty of unlimited engines to listenen, at most events the number of SPEC/CT525 cars was less than 1%.

Hey, did you watch the Lucas race at East Bay in Florida this past Saturday? Did you get a chance to see that the stands were packed with fans who drove, flew & used their vacation time to come watch the super late models? By the way, that was the only "show" all week long! No lower classes.
Yes I did see that show. Actually I commented to my wife how attendance looked off and how sparse the stands looked.

One hand feeds the other....fans are the ones that keep tracks open & it is the race cars that draw them in.
100% True, so allowing more to compete would in effect bring even more fand and racers. Slamming the door on blue collar teams is like biting the hand that feeds you.

Look around, how many "super" late model drivers have you seen that have quit racing because they couldn't afford the equipment it takes to win the race and/or be competitive.

I won't name them all because I don't fee like typing that many names to make a point, but here it goes.

Darren Miller(Won the North/South 100, then sold out the following year)
Donnie Moran(Sold out and now only runs sporatically for another team)
Steve Lucas
Ronnie Johnson(2 time DTWC, numerous series wins, former SAS champion, No longer runs an unlimited Super at all.)

I could go on, but I think these names make my point pretty clearly.

Prelude to the Dream where the NASCAR drivers have a blast in the super late models, I believe the "super" late models will be just fine.
You can believe what you want, but supers are anything but fine.

There were in excess of 60 drivers (every night) in Florida for more than two weeks from many states all over North America & Canada! There are also several new young drivers who have joined the super late model class. All in all, the super late models are thriving.

Thriving, it use to be hundreds of teams.

Are you aware of the engine requirements of the Lucas & World of Outlaw sanctioned races? How is it they travel all over the United States and they manage to draw drivers enough to run their shows? They are thriving as well.

Requirements, odd choice of words, but I know the allowed engine specs. American V8, aluminum heads and block, unlimited cubes, NO titanium cranks or rods. My version and your version of thriving are obviously different, maybe your new to the sport and don't know its history, I don't know. Everyone else however knows "Supers" have been decline for a while, they practically don't exist at your weekly track anymore because of costs, plain and simple. Now I for one DO NOT have a problem with somebody who can afford a full blown unlimited super engine, they are impressive. However I'm more concerned with dirt racings health over all and that means making it possible for more people to compete. Now maybe your an elitist who likes to spend his way ahead, I don't know, but I myself see issues from my perspective that give me cause for concern.

garacefan11
03-08-2011, 11:10 AM
im even as bubba smith would call it a "college boy" and i like to see the small guys with a spec or 525 get a weight break i know it costs a lot to run an open motor, and a weight break helps competition. hbates is on a rant, but hey come sit with me at boyds and we will talk about it when Ronnie wins anyway.

and f22 raptor dont boycott its still a good series with good drivers good racing and exciting race tracks

Cash
03-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Looking forward to the big show at Cleveland Speedway. As for RJ, he doesn't run at Cleveland so the rules change wont affect that show anyways. Cant wait to hear the BIG motors roar to life saturday night at Cleveland!!!

F22 RAPTOR
03-08-2011, 01:35 PM
im even as bubba smith would call it a "college boy" and i like to see the small guys with a spec or 525 get a weight break i know it costs a lot to run an open motor, and a weight break helps competition. hbates is on a rant, but hey come sit with me at boyds and we will talk about it when Ronnie wins anyway.

and f22 raptor dont boycott its still a good series with good drivers good racing and exciting race tracks

Sorry, but I have to stand up for what I believe to be a wrong. It wasn't that long ago that SAS came up with their SPEC package as a way for lessor funded teams to still compete against "full on" open engines. Then they made another step forward and adopted the CT525 into the rules, another step forward. For a while not many teams adopted the SPEC, at least nobody touring. Up until last year I think SAS was fine with allowing the SPECS and CT525's to run, thinking they had no chance to win, but it made them appear to be concerned by allowing them. Then RJ and Skip got on a tear and won some races against the open motor cars when just the right conditions presented themselves. I believe RJ even won the Alabama State Championship with the CT525 on a very slick track. Then a month later at the same EAMS track with tacky conditions RJ didn't fair so well, but thats racing. I think SAS, at least since BJ Parker sold out, has wanted to appear to be giving the blue collar guy a chance, but in reality they never wanted a SPEC or the CT525 to win anything. I think I'm gonna have to stick to my boycott of SAS, besides The Ultimate Super series has a lot of promise and offers more opportunity to racers who don't have $50K to drop on an open engine. SAS has forgotten where they came from and the founding principles of BJ Parker. Shame, shame, shame.

@ hbates, if you think DLM racing should be solely done by elitist with unlimited funds, go watch NASCRAP, they write their rules just so lessor funded guys can't embarrass the over paid spokes models who also drive.

jriley_pafan
03-08-2011, 03:39 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with their longtime race director Kelly Carlton leaving. I remember him being a proponent of SPECs and different weight / engine packages. It certainly makes sense to me. The more the merrier.

F22 RAPTOR
03-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Nobody said anything about dropping open competition cars from the card. I'm on notice, Woo-Hoo!!! Juiced, thats funny, same argument everytime, if somebody gets beat somebody cheated. Advantaged engines, I'd say north of 800HP over 525HP is an advantage. You know what, it's fine, let SAS lose cars to other more forward thinking series by excluding. Rayburn saw the writing on the wall and started his own series with weights for all sorts of engine combo's. FASTRAK and SAS-East combined this year to form the Ultimate series and they too are allowing multiple engine combo's as well as a 415 SPEC. I love open competition engines, but I want to be able to see super late models on a weekly basis, to have a greater opportunity for growth for the whole sport, not just the traveling elite. Not every 15 year old like Tyler Red d i c k, has a Dad who can buy there way to the top.

jriley_pafan
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Taken from his website:

KELCAR Motorsports Media and Management Set for Early 2011 Season Events

Woodruff, South Carolina – After announcing his resignation from the Southern All Stars Racing Series at the end of the 2010 season, KELCAR Motorsports owner Kelley Carlton has officially begun his next racing venture. Carlton has acquired several early season events for his management firm for 2011.‎"We were looking for a change and a different direction. We have done several independent events over the last several years and we have been very successful and decided this was what we wanted to do." Carlton said.

The KELCAR Motorsports team will celebrate its 10th season as the super late model officiating team for January’s Ice Bowl at Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, Alabama. “We are very proud of the association and relationship that we have developed with Lynn Phillips and Alfred Gurley at Talladega. They are great folks who host one of the most popular events of the year. It started out with just me and a couple of guys and has grown from there. It sure means a lot to me and my guys that they have put so much trust in us. The Ice Bowl has always been one of the highlights of my year. It is more than just a race, it’s a happening. It is just a cool event where a lot of people come to enjoy some great racing and good fellowship. We can’t wait for the Ice Bowl every year and 2011 is no exception.” Carlton said. Ice Bowl XX will be held January 6th – 9th and will feature racing in multiple divisions. Divisions and rules can be found be visiting www.talladegashorttrack.com

In addition to the Ice Bowl, Carlton has also added 3 other early season events. “We are honored that Frankie Lloyd has asked us to come and officiate his Super Bowl of Racing VII at Golden Isles Speedway in February. Frankie decided that he wanted to try to do this race unsanctioned and see how it works out. I believe it will prove to be very successful for him. This has become an established kick-off to Speedweeks and the drivers have come to embrace the track in its new configuration the last couple of years. And Golden Isles has really provided some awesome racing the last few years. Frankie has decided to go with 2 nights of racing paying $10,000 to win each. So I believe he has listened to the drivers and fans and put together a very solid event that pays good money before the teams all head further South to Florida.” Carlton added. The Super Bowl of Racing VII will feature 2 unsanctioned $10,000 to win / 50 lap super late model races along with the GIS Limited Sportsman class. Dates for the Super Bowl of Racing VII will be Friday, February 4th and Saturday, February 5th. GIS will also hold a practice session on Thursday, February 3rd. The event will carry an open compound / brand tire rule however KELCAR Officials will be checking tires for chemical alteration. Body / engine / weight rules will be as per 2010 Southern All Stars rules. Point your web browsers to www.goldenislesspeedway.com for more event and ticket information.

When Screven Motor Speedway in Sylvania, Georgia announced their Winter Freeze the Thursday night prior to the Golden Isles events Carlton also saw the opportunity to help out at one of his favorite venues. “When Redd (promoter James Griffin) put this announcement out, I was immediately on the phone with him. Golden Isles and Screven are two of my favorite race tracks to work at and to see a race at. I can’t say how happy I am that he jumped at the chance to have me and the guys working with him on the show. Screven is just a cool and unique place. Everyone that I have spoken with that has been to Screven seems to love the place. I am one of those that loves it too.” Screven’s event will also feature an unsanctioned $10,000 to win / 50 lap super late model race along with a $10,000 to win O’Reilly All-Star Circuit of Champions 410 Sprint Car race. Screven’s Winter Freeze is scheduled for Thursday, February 3rd. Super late model rules are the same as the GIS events. For more information visit the Screven Motor Speedway website at www.screvenmotorspeedway.com

Carlton is still looking to book dates or discuss his services with promoters. "We could do maybe 20 or 25 events and not be spread too thin. We wanted to get away from the set schedule so we could spend more time with other aspects of our lives. I am still working with my brother Rusty, Alton Wilson, Tator Riser, Chris Rooney, Travis Scott, CJ Mason, Randy Riser and all the other guys and that kind of schedule would be a perfect fit for us. So I am still looking for promoters who need help with their big events or that are thinking of putting on a big event of their own. Our intent is not to take anything away from anyone else but we know there is a need for our services out there. We have a lot to offer and we are passionate about this sport. We have a few proposals out on several events now so we expect to announce a few more dates very soon." Carlton added. For questions about KELCAR Motorsports Media and Management, their services or for specific rules questions call Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442, email to kelcarms@gmail.com or visit www.kelcarmotorsports.com

Dirtwizard
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
What happens if RJ wins weighing 2300 and using an 8 inch spoiler with a CT 525 ?

ga racer
03-08-2011, 07:20 PM
dam i didnt realize rj didnt belong in slm because of his engine, he needs to give all that money back he won last year because he was undeserving, shame on you johnson, lol , what a fricking idiot to get on here and say the stupid sh/t this guy has said about the lower funded teams that run supers but cant afford the high dollar engines. by the way sas and 12 inch spoilers go back as far as i can remember so when you start taking from the little man and catering to the well funded teams it want be long and the supers are all gone. you know its funny you see slm drivers with their big motors crying about getting out ran by a spec or crate engine but you never see a spec or crate guy crying when they are getting killed on a race track azz deep in mud by those hog leg motors.

F22 RAPTOR
03-09-2011, 06:00 AM
I guess Mr. H Bates became overwhelmed and deleted himself. I guess if he wants to keep his head stuck in the clay, he can. We need as many people racing as we can get, but I feel this is a step backwards on the SAS's part. I'm not going to support them until this is corrected. By the way, other motor sports do allow mixed engine combos without changing the name of the class, IMCA GTP use to allow naturally aspirated V8's to compete with the turbo cars, I believe Indy allowed for different combos and honestly at a typical super show they're all running different displacements, so what the difference. Nobody said do away with open comp engines, just leave room for those of us with a smaller budget that still love, "Supers". Besides if the Crate car or SPEC/CT525 car is faster than and open comp car, I'd say thats pretty "Super". I laugh and laugh when the 604's from the crate feature turn quicker times in the feature than an "open comp" super, which cost 3 to 5 times more, just to go slower.... JMO

This sport should be no different than others. There are rules. Super late model is defined and advertised when the series has an event. It doesn't state super late model, crates & 525s. And because the crates & 525s don't have the horsepower of the super late model, we are going to help them out by giving them special breaks of the rules. I have nothing against the crates, limited late models or the steel head classes. Seriously, how would you like it if the open motors ran in your class? Its obvious that a super late model would win everytime in a 4 cylinder, hobby class race. That is not a level playing field.
Thats why they have different weights and blades depending on your engine combo, to level the playing field. They've been allowing SPEC's to run with Open Supers in the Mid south since 1990 in the SUPR series, thats were the SAS SPEC concept came from. Maybe you don't know this, but all aluminum unlimited cube engines havent always been the norm in super late models. Back in the day, the 80's, when I first got started, steel blocks were the norm and aluminum heads were rare in our area. Going back even further the southern guys would routinely beat the northern guys when they came south because up north they liked to run big blocks and down south we had less money and ran on a lot of slick tracks, so we typically ran small blocks.

Dollars to doughnuts, the series sanctioned & featured super late model races draw in more fans in the stands....that translates into more revenue from tickets, souvenirs and food.
Keep the donuts. I know Supers draw fans thats never been debated, but defining a super is a fluid proposition... Supers haven't always been unlimited, all aluminum, pro-built engines exceeding $45K NEW in some cases. If a SPEC/CT525 is faster on the track, I think thats pretty super. How many fans would show up if only say 10-15 open cars came? I personally think it adds some drama to have different combo's going against each other, that and fans always like to cheer for the little guy, the under dog. Look at NASCRAP, they've legislted the independent out of their series and the attendance and viewers continue to drop...

You want to boycott a series because you don't measure up to the true super late model? Your intent being "I will show them & prove a point by not participating in their series because you don't like the rules"! That is not only short sighted and immature, it is risking the possibility of the super late models refusing to show up at the series events that cater to you because of your smaller motor. Then it becomes the domino effect....the big motors becoming extinct because they are at a disadvantage from your handicaps and they quit racing because they have no where to race their cars....
I'm boycotting because it is my right to do so when I don't agree. If you feel that is immature that is your right. Also I NEVER said I wanted SAS to go out of business, just change policey back to fair and stop discriminating. The rule change was unwarranted because "open comp" car won the title... Is this Charlie Sheen, because you've stopped making sense. I keep expecting to see you type, "WINNING!!". :D

So be careful of what you wish for, it might just trickle down to you not having a place to race.
This is already the case, dude. In the last 5 years the 4 tracks that had supers weekly with 45 minutes of me have dropped supers on a weekly basis, to just one track within a 200 mile radius. I can name probably 30 teams that have dropped out of running "Open" Supers and Limited to crate only. I'm not a crate lover, but I see their merit and where allowing a lower cost alternative to compete is good for everyone, not just you. I'm not whining, I'm boycotting and making my case for getting more people racing. Try and figure out why Crate is growing and super is declining, answer me that?

That is my opinion and why I am very passionate about the subject. I could whine about not being able to race every week because there is not a track or sanctioned series that the rules allow my motor to race and then boycott them when they actually have a special event and hope they go out of business but it would only hurt the sport overall. Do you have any idea of how many times a driver/team has gotten angry at a track or series and said "I'm not going to race at that track ever again or race for that particular series anymore because the rules and/or judgments on the track are not favorable to me?", but then they go back the very next week to the track and/or pay entry fee for their race car to compete under the same sanctioned series rules as before! That is because they realize that their options are limited as far as having a place to race or compete for more money and they give in.
Really, ever wonder why RJ doesn't run at the track his dad built????

What happens if RJ wins weighing 2300 and using an 8 inch spoiler with a CT 525 ?
Oh now I think he could win, but making the show would be difficult, when the track is tacky. Once the track slicks off no problem, but he's gotta make it thru qualifying first, so...

rthacker4rj5
03-09-2011, 11:04 AM
let it slick up....RJ could spank em wit his 602 or 604. ive seen him do it on a tacky track also. they dont want to see their pretty boys spanked with a quarter of the car. #5....the best there was, is, and ever will be. anything said negative towards this, is....well....just hatin.

F22 RAPTOR
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
let it slick up....RJ could spank em wit his 602 or 604. ive seen him do it on a tacky track also. they dont want to see their pretty boys spanked with a quarter of the car. #5....the best there was, is, and ever will be. anything said negative towards this, is....well....just hatin.

Amen, brother!!! They just don't wanna get, "FLASHED!!!"

B_K
03-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Heard Boyd's is postponed........

txracer
03-09-2011, 11:49 AM

It didnt happen at Winchester . Something needed to be done 12 inch spoiler and a weight break for a 373 CU all Alum Engine is to much.

F22 RAPTOR
03-09-2011, 12:15 PM
It didnt happen at Winchester . Something needed to be done 12 inch spoiler and a weight break for a 473 CU all Alum Engine is to much.

A CT525 is 525HP and it is 373 c.i.d.(6.2), but NOT 473 cubes...
Your accusation must be grandstand gossip or something, but it is false.
What exactly didn't happen?

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/EngineShowcase/index.jsp?engId=CT525525&engine=CT%20525%20525&sku=88958605&engCat=racing

Corvette's powerful LS3 engine adapted to racing!
Introduced last year, our CT525 Circle Track crate engine is based on the latest-generation "LS" engine family and delivers serious power for serious racing series, including Super Late Model and similar. It is rated at 525 hp and 471 lb-ft of torque!
This 6.2L engine is similar to the LS3 V-8 that is standard in the Chevrolet Corvette, but we've adapted it to circle-track racing with a carburetor intake manifold, 6-quart racing oil pan, and more. The engine is lightweight and strong, using an aluminum block with cross-bolted 6-bolt main caps and high-flow LS3 rectangular-port cylinder heads.
The CT525 comes with coil-near-plug ignition, a water pump, exhaust manifolds, and SFI Certified balancer. All that's needed to complete the assembly is a carburetor, starter, and our LSX ignition controller, P/N 19171130. All the necessary parts are available from GM Performance Parts to get the CT525's power into your race car!

txracer
03-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Sorry typo error not looking for a fight or spreading gossip . Just my opinion sir.

F22 RAPTOR
03-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Sorry typo error not looking for a fight or spreading gossip . Just my opinion sir.

So your opinion is a 525 HP Engine is an equal match with a 900HP car... :confused: Is that about right?
Enjoy your 10 car show, while it lasts. So what didn't happen at Winchester?

txracer
03-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Winchester Didnt allow the 12 inch spoiler For the ct525 . Just responding to the post that RJ would win over all of these other drivers anyway. I dont know how the ct525 just dropped in with the same breaks as a steel block spec engine anyway . It was just there one day . Just my opinion that the spoiler and weight is to much. I respect your opinion .

flagone
03-09-2011, 02:14 PM
I can answer the why. Because it is an engine that makes 550 to 600 HP the same as a SPEC engine and was therefore given the same weight and spoiler.