PDA

View Full Version : exhaust???

pro4dude14
03-06-2011, 08:19 PM
im running a through the firewall header and ran a pretty short exhaust last year about 3 feet actually had a few people tell me it needed to be longer and i was losing a decent amount of power because of it what is yalls take on this and how long should it be

car62
03-06-2011, 09:43 PM
if you search 84Dave he wrote a rather long,yet very interesting article on this exact topic.

basically you tune the exhaust to your engine combination...if you have unlimited access to a dyno that would be the best way...another trick is to paint the exhaust and see at what point the paint is no longer burning off after a run...or so ive been told.

steveshawjr
03-06-2011, 11:18 PM
i took daves advise and got pipemax well worth the 45 bucks

84Dave
03-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Please let us know your operating rpm band & what PipeMax says for the length(s) of your exhaust/tailpipe. What are the ~lengths of your header primary tubes from the flange out to where the primaries terminate inside the collector? I'm currently working with a team that road races, and the difference between the longest & shortest primaries on the Schoenfeld header they're using is 11"-12"! Might be good for limited installation room, but totally lousy for proper exhaust tuning. It all has to work together! -Dave-