PDA

View Full Version : Fan too close to radiator

racing12
03-06-2011, 09:50 PM
How close does the fan need to be to the radiator. I just put my engine in yesterday and it is very close to the radiator. Anything I can do to space it out a little. Do they sell radiators not so thick and if they do, do they keep it cool. First year in the class and don't know to much about it yet. Thanks.

ask0329
03-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Mines at 1.75" with the fan right on the pully. Thinking about putting in a 1/2" spacer.

racing12
03-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the info. My problem is that the chassis I bought is too short on the front and i have no room to move the motor back a little bit or to move the radiator up a little bit. Any suggestions on what to do. I was thinking about cutting a little of the frame and making it a little longer or should i just buy a thinner radiator. The radiator i have now is a griffin and it is 3in thick on the side tanks and 2 1/2 in thick between them. Thanks.

mudeater18
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Do you have a fan spacer in it ? If so can you go to a shorter one ? Also are you running the long GM water pump ? If so you can switch to the short one. I like my fan about 1" from the radiator.