PDA

View Full Version : Straighten bent weld aluminum wheel and beadlock washers?

street28
03-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Got a aluminum weld weld non beadlock that made contact with another car and folded the lip around maybe 2". The lip is close to the flat part of the bead now. The wheel runs true other than the lip and hold air as is.
Any good idea about how to straighten the lip?
I also Bought some beadlocks that didnt have any bolts or washers I got the bolts but no washers and bolt store didnt have any the same OD. Anyone bought some other than from weld? just need the washers.

jason29a
03-08-2011, 01:50 AM
The type of washer your looking for is called a AN washer. Depending on where you live they may be hard to find... Ace hardware carries them some. If not you can find them online.

DIRTRAYCER
03-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Got a aluminum weld weld non beadlock that made contact with another car and folded the lip around maybe 2". The lip is close to the flat part of the bead now. The wheel runs true other than the lip and hold air as is.
Any good idea about how to straighten the lip?
I also Bought some beadlocks that didnt have any bolts or washers I got the bolts but no washers and bolt store didnt have any the same OD. Anyone bought some other than from weld? just need the washers.

Street,
I like to use a Large Crescent wrench to bend lips back, I also will lie the wheel ,bent lip down on garage floor ( if lip is bent inward ) on a piece of plywood and use a 2x4 and a heavy hammer to hit it from the backside or use a Urethane sledge. Helps if you have something heavy to lie on wheel or someone to stand on it ! If its bent too far you might Crack it ! Aluminum only likes to be bent once , but then you can weld it on the outside (not always pretty) but cheaper than a new wheel ! Have heard of people annealing the bent area before trying to bend it back in place, but I have never tried it ! Good Luck !

roybeckett13j
03-08-2011, 02:54 PM
For beadlock bolts, I always just use an extra thick washer, avalailible from ace hardware...i think they're 5/16ths.