PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads

Dirtrace54
03-07-2011, 08:50 AM
What are some of the opinions of brakes pads to use for a mod? Hawk black, blue, hps, dtc-05? Performance Friction 80 compound? Others?

Dirtrace54
03-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Anyone???? Im just looking for the pad that gives an extremely firm pedal feel? Any opinions?

clm15
03-07-2011, 11:09 PM
I like the Hawk Black pads. Good stopping and not hard on the rotors. The old Gator pads were a great stopping pad,but hard to be smooth on the slick. I see JR motorsports still has them in there catolog.
I tried pads from auto zone performance friction.save your money. two feet to slow her down.
The Hawk Black, good price.best I have tried. Small GM caliper.

charcoal01
03-08-2011, 12:14 AM
i second that

kraftkar7x
03-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I have had alot of luck with the wilwood polymatrix b compound they are a lil pricier than the hawk pads but not as hard on the rotors Darin Duffy is the one that i talked to about pads and thats what he recommended said he runs them on lf lr rr and just stock pads on rf

mbaker76
03-08-2011, 11:49 AM
we have had far better luck with polymatrix pads(I think 'e') than we did with hawk's.

Dirtrace54
03-08-2011, 05:40 PM
The Performance Friction pads I was looking at was the 80 compound race pads. The Autozone stuff is just a cheap pad made for them from what I have read. Kinda wondering about thier race pads.

As far as the polymatrix b, do they have a stiff/firm feel in the pedal? Trying to find something with good bite, but doesnt try to lock up the wheels all the time, and has a real firm pedal feel to it.

Also, on the RF, I used to take stock pads and with the 8 rivits on each pad, take the outer 4 rivits out and cut the outer 1/4 of pad off each end of the pad. What are your opinions on this?

kraftkar7x
03-08-2011, 06:41 PM
yea i wld say they are prty firm i tried b compound on left sides only and a softer compound on right side and hang on just a lil pedal going in and the kar would turn itself it was a lil too much making it loose in so i had to switch back but they are definately a good pad at 105 for a set they are pricey but well worth it i will never change from them

clm15
03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
I run a stock pad on the Rf also. The Hawk pads are well priced and last me the whole year. We ran 43 nights last year. New rotors,pads,and rebuild kits over the winter. They have good pedal feel. We Bleed our brakes weekly. Just a pump. If you run a set of brake gauges bleed them from time to time. Air seems to get to them often. They are higher then the calipers.

stock car driver
03-10-2011, 10:15 AM
The Performance Friction pads I was looking at was the 80 compound race pads. The Autozone stuff is just a cheap pad made for them from what I have read. Kinda wondering about thier race pads.

As far as the polymatrix b, do they have a stiff/firm feel in the pedal? Trying to find something with good bite, but doesnt try to lock up the wheels all the time, and has a real firm pedal feel to it.

Also, on the RF, I used to take stock pads and with the 8 rivits on each pad, take the outer 4 rivits out and cut the outer 1/4 of pad off each end of the pad. What are your opinions on this?

If your going to remove pad you should remove it from the middle that way the ends are still stable and the surface area is still far apart. with a thin pad section in the middle i would fear it (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ing and dragging etc.

you can buy organic at the parts store for the rf, remove the middle and they will last forever, they are just enough pad to remove the rust off the rf rotor!