PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads selection

Dirtrace54
03-07-2011, 08:51 AM
What are some of the opinions of brakes pads to use for a IMCA stocker? Hawk black, blue, hps, dtc-05? Performance Friction 80 compound? Others?

I know alot of street stocks use stock pads, but figure some may have expereince with after market pads. Any opinion is welcome.

Dirtrace54
03-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Any opinions????????

bushracing67
03-07-2011, 09:32 PM
i use hawk black on 3 corners, i buy 2 sets of hawk black and a set from the parts store, use the hawks on both rear and lf, use parts store pads on rf and you save half the cost every other time you put front pads on the car

roybeckett13j
03-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I use a set of wore out junkyard pads on the RF, helps with turn in while still being legal. And use speedway pads on the other 3 corners, take them out and lightly sand them with 120 grit every two nights. Get about a season and a half out of a set of pads like that!

stock car driver
03-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Depends on your driving style.

I was using hawk blacks and going thru a lf rotor every 10 nights and cracking my rear rotors every 3-4 nights so I was replacing them after 3 nights all last year.

Ive got a bunch of hawk blacks if anyone wants some new ones cheap or lightly used ones also cheap. I believe at least 2 full new sets and 3-4 sets of used lightly sets.

I came up with a different option now. pm if you want details it takes some fabrication.

I currently run 3 different types of pads.

bushracing67
03-08-2011, 08:53 PM
im interested in the hawk pads, 10 nights was prolly about right for my lf rotor as well, it is glowing all the time, i never had any rear rotor issues tho, i would say they typically lasted me 20-30 nights, what rotors are you running ? i am running all star .810 non directional with metric calipers

stock car driver
03-08-2011, 09:09 PM
im interested in the hawk pads, 10 nights was prolly about right for my lf rotor as well, it is glowing all the time, i never had any rear rotor issues tho, i would say they typically lasted me 20-30 nights, what rotors are you running ? i am running all star .810 non directional with metric calipers

Ill get all the pads out of my trailer Ive got wed and get back to you via pm. I got one pm already so Ill let you know whats left after he gets what he wants.

I tried a few different rear rotors it doesnt matter which I used with blacks.

stock car driver
03-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Ive got enough new pads for 3 wheels and enough used pads for 4 wheels.

1 set of used is worn more than the other 3 it is about 60% left the other 3 are easily 80-90% left of good pad.

Ill sell all of these for 105 shipped.

Go here for a picture of them and some of my other for sale stuff.

http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/jnjfab/parts%20for%20sale/

doitinthedirt2
03-13-2011, 11:57 AM
try some Raybestos brake pads called PG plus they work well and dont tend to wear out the rotor as fast , try on every where but right front , use cheap pads there, the PG plus pads are only 40.00 a set of 4 pads.

stock car driver
03-19-2011, 11:29 PM
I sold all my blacks.

I ran tonight with polyperformance by willwood compound b on the lf of the car and they flat out didnt stop the car well enough at all. Worst my car has been in two years...

I guess the hawk black on the lf was doing more than I thought it was for my car on entry and mid turn to help it turn. I was flat standing on the brake pedal tonight and the car was sliding up the track or pushing it was terrible.