PDA

View Full Version : MoonMan Racing Ready To Launch 2011 Season

MoonMan_PR
03-09-2011, 05:36 PM
MoonMan Racing Ready To Launch 2011 Season

Mt. Auburn, IL (March 9, 2011)-After a long, cold off-season, “The MoonMan” Jim Moon and the MoonMan Racing Team are all geared up and ready to launch the 2011 Racing Season! During the off-season MoonMan Racing made some big changes, including an all new makeover to the teams “toter-home”, but the biggest change
at MoonMan Racing is the location. Jim Moon has moved his shop from the Indianapolis area to the Central Illinois area in an effort to be more centrally located for UMP Weekly Racing as well as the grueling UMP Summer Nationals Tour.

“We moved to Illinois, because it fits our program the best” said Moon, while doing some finishing touches to his car. “I can race at least three nights a week, all season long and not have to travel anywhere near as much as we did in the past. It saves on travel expense as well as time, and since I race for a living it just made sense.”, Moon went on to say.

“I am excited about this season!”, said Moon, when asked about the up coming season. “We hit on some things towards the end of last year that got us pointed in the right direction. I think we will ride that momentum and have great year”, added Moon.

As of now, tentative plans for Jim Moon and the MoonMan Racing Team are to start off the season with the season opening “Shamrock 40” at Belle-Clair Speedway, in Belleville, IL on March 18. The following weekend, Moon will be competing at the UMP Dirtcar “Round-Up” at I-55 Raceway in Pevely, MO, March 24-26. Race fans can also see “The MoonMan” at Belle-Clair Speedway on April 1. From there the team will travel to Macon Speedway on April 2, for the Fourth Annual “Spring Fling” and then they will wrap up the weekend at the Peoria Speedway, participating in the 4th Annual “Don Bohlander Tribute” on Sunday, April 3.

Jim Moon invites everyone out to Bob Evans Restaurant in Decatur, IL on March 31, as he will have his racecar on display from 5-7pm. Race fans are invited to stop by and visit with “The MoonMan” and the MoonMan Racing Team after the races at any event as well.

Jim Moon and MoonMan Racing would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued support, including: J-Force Rocks, Bob Evans Restaurant, Willy’s Carb & Dyno Shop, Hoosier by Smash, Indy Pick-A-Part, Action Suspension, KRC Power Steering, Woodward Precision, Wilwood, Simpson, Fastenal, Gutter Pro, Pit Mat USA and Midwest Motorsports Marketing.

Watch for the “all-new”, updated, MoonMan website at www.moonman1.com