PDA

View Full Version : Brinn transmission

racing12
03-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I know the clutch and throwout bearing are inside the transmission. I am using a gm bellhousing with my brinn. Do i need the throwout lever on or is that eliminated because there is no throwout bearing? Any info would be great. I really don't know what im doing when it comes to this stuff.

cavemod
03-09-2011, 09:41 PM
you answered your own question if clutch is inside trans then no lever is needed in bellhousing same is true with bert or falcon.another thing clutch only works in low and reverse so when you go to stop you have to take it out of high or the motor will die and or cause damage if you do it repeatedly.You also need a hydraulic line plumbed from pedal cylinder to trans and bleed the crap out of it!!!

racing12
03-09-2011, 11:41 PM
ok thank you. Someone told me i would need it in there and i didnt think i would. But i was kinda curious because the car i bought had a slave cylinder attached to the throwout lever and he told me he ran a brinn transmission in it and he had a a line connected to the slave cylinder from the clutch master cylinder and i was wondering why he didnt have a line to the bottom of the brinn transmission where the line should have gone. It had me really confused. Do you know if there is a difference between a drive flange and a coupler also. I ordered a drive flange and it bolts on to the crank on the outside of the flywheel i am guessing. just curious if there was any difference.

cavemod
03-10-2011, 12:47 AM
drive flange is used on the brinn,couplers are used on convertorless powerglides along with a special drive flange which matches the spline on the couplerand takes the place of the convertor.you can take the slave cylinder off and hook the hose up to the trans.in low and reverse you should be able to spin the output shaft on the trans with your foot off the pedal with the trans mounted in the car and with the pedal pushed down it should not turn in low or reverse.the outputshaft should not turn when in high pedal in or out in other words pushing the pedal in makes the car in low and reverse go no pedal in no go .high does not require any pedal usage straight thru.hope the info helps i run a bert but there pretty much the same as brinn and falcon.anymore question you can pm me