PDA

View Full Version : Bushore?

swingarmmod
03-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Got my answer after calling Bushore back. Great customer service there. Thanks

stock car driver
03-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Called Bushore transmissions today and asked about running one of their transmissions with a 4 bar car. I perfectly understand what I need to check and have done in order to do that. What I didn't understand is that when he found out it had 1.82 written on the top of the tranny with a black marker it was unusable in a mod. Wasn't able to get a full explanation as to why. Does anyone know? I thought I heard him to say that it was run in low only? The guy that has the tranny says he ran a 3.50 gear or something like that in a chevy 10 bolt rear. He claims I can run it but would have to figure out the gear ratio since I was running a 9" ford rear. Any help by people with experience with Bushore trannny's woud be appreciated. Was thinking of running this in a sportmod instead of a 4 bar car. Thanks

It was clearly built to be raced in LOW. I am sure a trans built for low racing use probably doesnt even have high?

Call them back if you want more info.

Bushore will not steer you wrong that much I can guarantee!

Chaps46
03-11-2011, 09:20 AM
The 1.82 planetary is the smaller stamped unit and is weaker than the 1.76. I would probably choose the 1.76 in a higher HP application anyway.

Stock Car Driver is correct- It may not even have high gear.