PDA

View Full Version : Front nose angle

Denny
03-11-2011, 11:17 PM
I have a question, our body builder is putting less angle in our nose ( more up and down rather than sloped back ) He tries to tell me that will put more downforce on the frontend, I dissagree, I think it should be sloped back to let the air flow over it better, rather than lookin like a plow. Your ideas and comments would be appreciated.

dirttrackrocker
03-12-2011, 08:19 AM
That depends on whether your allowed spill panels on the side. If your running IMCA rules and aren't allowed any spill panels sticking up on the sides, then you want less angle (more slope, less up and down) If you can have the spill panel to keep air channelling up the nose, then you want more angle (more up and down)

racin6mod
03-12-2011, 01:30 PM
here's photo with two cars one with a flat long nose ump style and in the backround a usmts style raised angle nose with the side rails to help guide the air up over the nose to the rear spoiler.the 38 car in the second photo is the better idea I think,it's wida as he!! for air down force and it guides the air around the car as will as over it to the spoiler less air under the body gets better resaults from the air on the spoiler.

Denny
03-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Thank you for your input!!!!!!!!!!!!!