PDA

View Full Version : Brushcreek Billy Bob Format Change

Steven Partin
03-15-2011, 06:31 PM
(Peebles,OH) As the season grows closer the details are developing for our major races. As you know the Billy Bob is our highest paying race of 2011. The Billy Bob purse grows by $5,000 each year but in 2010 we ran two 50 Lap Races for equal money adding up to our purse, but this year it will be a little different.

This season the race is $20,000 to win but we will be running two 50 Lap Races, The first for $8,000 to win and the second for $12,000 to win! This is still a great amount of money for each race. Also we will still be inverting the field 100% after the finish of the first race to determine the start of the second race. This means that if last years winner Eddie Carrier Jr win the first race he will start from the tail of the second race making the fastest car have to pass the entire field again to win! We hope this makes exceptional racing.

If you have never heard of the Billy Bob Weekend and might be planning to attend just remember that we race Friday September 30th and Saturday October 1st. On Friday the Late Models will be racing for $1,500 and the UMP Modifieds will be fighting for $1,000. On Friday night the pit gate opens at 4 pm and the general admission opens at 5 pm. To kick off the action on saturday Jesus Motorsports Outreach is having a Cook Out of drivers that stayed over night in the pit area! Then the pit gate will open at 2 pm and General Admission will open at 3 pm. Racing on saturday will start at 4 pm. More Rules and info are on our web site http://www.brushcreekmotorsports.com/

Any Questions?
Phone: 937-544-3344
E-Mails: brushcreekmotorsports@yahoo.com Stevenpartin@brushcreekmotorsports.com
Twitter: BMC Raceway
Facebook: Brushcreek Motorsports Complex

Clayton_Wetter
03-16-2011, 09:20 PM
We'll be there. I have one thought about inverting the field though. It sounds like a good idea, but there may be those who beat the system and get a front spot anyway. Take a car not running well or has a flat etc. They will find a way of finishing last or near last just to improve their chances in the second feature.

There could be a major battle for last break out in the closing laps!;)

brsteg
03-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Last year there was a very interesting battle for last, but no one blatantly dropped from the front to the back. It was really pretty ok. But that was with the purse split equally. My personal fear is now that the second feature now has more money in it than the first, that drivers will try to take the dive from a decent spot to the rear of the field to pick up the invert. This format encourages sandbagging even more than an even split purse in my opinion. And I don't want to see a bunch of guys take a drive in the last laps of the first feature. I wish they'd had just left what worked alone and had the pure split equally amongst both races. We will see how it works, I guess.