PDA

View Full Version : chassis help

richey#6
03-16-2011, 12:36 PM
this is what have to run need help on shock's and spring's''''' the coil over eliminator's right is in front of rear end left is behind rear end like a shaw. car and dirve 2550 rule / bird cage's must be welded solid , 11. REAR SUSPENSION: All components must be steel. All mounts and brackets must be welded or bolted solid. Coil springs must remain vertical. Coil-over eliminators or steel spring sliders allowed. Nothing may be mounted on lower control arms. Must utilize one of the following designs:
(A) Aftermarket three link design requirements: Must use minimum 16 inch lower control arms equal length left to right. 1/2inch tolerance Must use one upper control arm (pull bar) with biscuit (Maximum 3 biscuits 2 ¼ inch in diameter) located at top center of rear end housing (1-inch tolerance) Must use minimum 23 inch pan hard bar located behind rear end housing. 9. SHOCKS: One steel, nonadjustable, non rebuild able sealed unaltered shock per wheel. No bumpers or stops. No threaded body, front coil-over, air, or remote reservoir shocks. No Schrader or bladder type valve allowed. Front half may be shielded

PIERCE3J
03-19-2011, 11:12 AM
What shocks and springs are on it now? Sounds like you have to take the bird cages off and get some clamp on trailing arm mounts in order to run a 3 link. A Shaw car has the eliminator mounted on the bird cage behind the LR because when the bird cage indexes foreward it pushes up on the eliminator giving it more traction. As far as I can see anyway. I run a Pierce so I'm no expert on that set up. Sounds like you have to move the LR eliminator in front of the axle to make room for the behind the rear panhard bar set up. I don't see where running LR behind on a clamped car would benefit anyway. I have seen RR behind on that set up. Dig around on the internet for photos or ask around for people that are running your type of set up so you can look at it and see exactly what you need to do.

richey#6
03-20-2011, 01:35 PM
i will thank's , they are northern sport mod rules

cavemod
03-20-2011, 04:29 PM
who's rules??best bet which i'm sure will be legal is both springs on top the axle with screwjacks. 225 or 200 on lr with 200 or 175 on rr.shocks use a 94 on rr 96-3 lr for normal tracks and slick change to a 93-5 rr and 98-2 lr.if track is rough 94 on both.with a coilover on lr behind there isnt no room for the panhard unless you run it to the right side downhill which i havent seen before on dirt cars(asphalt practice).clamp on brackets spring cups and screwjacks for adjustment.jet makes a nice bracket with the cup on thetop for 75 each real simple to use.the key is coil springs have to be vertical

richey#6
03-22-2011, 11:16 AM
thank's , springs on top is that what the fast guys are doing in the northern sport mods?????? shock in front or rear??????....dues the panhead bar have to go all the way from the right side of the rearend to the left frame rail or can it go from right rear of the rearend just over half way to the left side??????