PDA

View Full Version : Shock Dyno Graph Help Needed.

Masters2010
03-18-2011, 07:39 PM
I have looked at all my other shock dyno graphs and at velocity 0.0 ft/sec the rebound and compression always starts at 0. Is there a problem with this dyno sheet that the graph does not start out there? Sorry about the bad picture, it was off of my cell phone. Also the graph does not show much compression adjustment, yet when I go from fully open to fully closed on the Ohlins shock the push on it shock it goes from soft to stiff.
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/img00113201103181912.jpg

TALON75
03-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Your looking at the rebound closed/ compression open on a really stout Rebound build . Is that the same graph you always look at? Usually I look at Force vs. Absolute Velocity to see all four cycles and you will probably see the Compression closed/ Rebound open side closer to zero( if you zero the dyno before the run!) . I see about 300 lbs of adjustment on that graph, I think that is pretty decent, remember... your "adjustment" is mainly a slow speed adjustment as it just opens or closes the bleed in the shock, at the higher velocities the stacks take over . I am by no means a shock expert, just started fooling around with them a year ago and still have a lot to learn, maybe more experience will chime in also .

JR. MECHANIC
03-22-2011, 12:21 AM
More than likely the compression was left at one setting for the dyno graph. This graph shows, what some call "clamp." You can have two seperate shocks run the same at 1 in/sec, but if they have different amounts of clamp, then they will react differently. That's one of the advantages to looking at this graph.