PDA

View Full Version : Bill Hendren

Steve_Hendren
03-20-2011, 12:26 AM
The most difficult day in life has occurred for myself and my family. I'm very sorry to announce that my father,my mentor, my hero, William Wells Hendren (aka Bill) has passed away on 03/19/11. Please know that my family is very grateful to those who have followed his posts over the years. I will announce his requests and his plans in the coming days. Thank you,
Steve Hendren

ford5
03-20-2011, 07:28 AM
My deepest condolences, RIP Bill.

50j
03-20-2011, 09:31 AM
My condolences, your family will be in our prayers.

9WRACER
03-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends, I've talked to Bill several times, always had time for everybody.

runyou-2
03-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Oh man.I'm sooo sorry to hear you lost your father Steve.When i read this it hit me about as hard as when i lost mine.No more hustle and bustle in this fast pace world,now he can rest in peace.I really,really respected what your dad had to say here on 4m.I'm sure the man helped teach you very well.Now it's your turn....i for one will be listening. Rod Rusher

Racer63
03-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Bill was one of the good guys on this site.

dynoman14
03-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Steve,
My familiy's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your dad was a great guy and helped plenty of people out. I spoke to him early on and he sent me off in the right direction. I am sure he will be deeply missed by many and all I can say to help you deal with it, is there are plenty of great racers up there that were waiting on him.

jeff mack
03-20-2011, 10:13 PM
sorry to hear about bill he will be greatly missed in the racing circut

brad hibbard
03-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Deepest condolences to the Hendren family.

Bill will be severely missed by us all.

I have written several paragraphs here and erased them all
I am at a loss for words right now.

A great mentor has passed on

rest in peace Bill

brad hibbard
03-22-2011, 07:36 AM
FASTRAK Mourns The Loss of Bill Hendren
Every now and then that certain someone comes along that truly impacts both our lives and our careers. In a day and age where we all our running the race of life, we sometimes need to pause for a few minutes and be thankful for the blessings that have been bestowed upon us all. Now is without a doubt one of those moments as we at the FASTRAK Racing Series mourn the loss of engine builder, car owner, and friend Bill Hendren.

Bill Hendren, owner of Hendren Racing Engines in Rutherfordton, North Carolina, made countless contributions not only to auto racing, but to many of our lives as well. “I remember meeting Mr. Hendren just like it was yesterday”, stated FASTRAK’s Jason Atkins. “Mr. Hendren was stern and sincere, yet understanding and compassionate. He valued honesty, integrity, and a strong work ethic”.

“I have a lot of respect and appreciation for Bill as he played a huge role in establishing crate racing, stated FASTRAK’s Stan Lester. Thanks to the numerous sacrifices made on and off the track, Hendren Racing Engines quickly became an icon in the racing world. However, those who knew him best also remember the husband, father, and grandfather he was to his family.

Bill Hendren’s spirit will undoubtedly continue to live in the hearts of his family and throughout the racing world. A memorial race is already being planned as officials from various tracks and series are coming together in honor of his memory and legacy. We send our deepest sympathies and condolences to the Hendren family knowing that we will cherish the memories for many years to come.

Very accurately written statement

Brad

F22 RAPTOR
03-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts, prayers and heart go out to this family. Bill was a unique man and will leave a void in our lives that won't soon be filled. God speed Bill.

Steve_Hendren
03-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Our family will be hosting a memorial party in honor of my dad, Bill Hendren, on Sunday April 3rd 2011. Dad's wishes were to not have a funeral. His request was for a party that would be a happy event, in complete contrast to the funeral that he was so completely against having. This event will be held at my parents house. Anyone and everyone who would like to attend is welcome. Feel free to call, or email me at hendrensteve@yahoo.com for driving directions.
Steve Hendren
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sdhnc29/dad.png

stock car driver
03-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Steve thanks for sharing this family information. Your dad was a great man who touched the lives of many more than he or you will ever know. There are a ton of people who lurk on this forum and never post, trust me Ive sold a lot of parts to them and Im sure your dad was talking with even more on a regular basis.

I lost my father in 95 and it seems like yesterday, hang in there.

Egoracing
03-23-2011, 06:43 PM
I do not have words, and am not going to attemt to post anything other than your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for everything and God bless!

ep33510
03-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Steve

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. I only firsted talked with your Dad last fall about possible racing ignition improvements in the Crate world. I have to say what a Great Ambassador for the sport and someone that will be missed. RIP Bill......

Pat Collins