PDA

View Full Version : Booper Bare sets sights on Steel Block bandit Championship - 3.22.11

prodirtcar32
03-22-2011, 08:38 AM
March 22, 2011

Booper Bare to make a run at the 2011 Steel Block Bandit Championship driving the Jimmy’s Tree Service #83.

Booper Bare and long time car owners Chris Cromer & Merrit Sprouse have joined forces for the 2011 season. The team’s main goal will be to try to win the Steel Block Bandit Series Championship.

“I have known Chris & Merrit for awhile now and I’m very grateful for the opportunity they have given me this year” said the likeable veteran from his Rockbridge Baths, VA race shop. “I have owned my own stuff for the better part of 30 years and it had just taken all the fun out of this sport for me. I still have the same passion for racing as I did back in 1982 when I started. Chris & Merrit have awarded me the chance to go out and have fun again. It’s been a long time since I have been this excited about the start of a season. I can’t wait for Saturday to get here” added Bare.

The team unloaded the yellow, black & orange, Jimmy’s Tree Service Mastersbilt by Huey for the first time this past weekend at Eastside Speedway’s open practice day. “We tested some stuff, but it was mostly for me to shake off the winter rust and get comfortable in the car” said Booper. “We were pretty good all day and our times kept getting better. I really am looking forward to race with the Bandits. Danny(Wilson) has done a real good job with his series in just two years and they have a great bunch of racers that support the series. I really think we will be competitive and have a fun year.”

The team’s plans are to follow the Steel Block Bandit series. On off weekends when time allows, they will change motors and run with the Three State Flyer Series and try to hit some of the Appalachian Mtn. Speedweek races along with some select super late model shows. Their first race will be this coming Saturday when the Steel Block bandits open their 2011 campaign in Elm City, NC at County Line Raceway.

Booper would like to thank all of the sponsors helping out this year:
Jimmy’s Tree Service, JC Body Shop, Fast Frames by James, Devenny’s Automotive, Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, Integra Shocks, K.R.S. Graphics, Mastersbilt by Huey, Port City Racing, Poske’s Performance Parts, Simpson race Products, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Weld Wheels, World Wide Racing Fuels & WRT Speedwerx.

Keep up to date with all official Booper Bare news at the brand new www.booperbare.com

Upcoming Races:
March 26th – SBB – County Line Raceway (NC)
April 16th – SBB – Eastside Speedway (VA)
April 30th – SBB – Hagerstown Speedway (MD)