PDA

View Full Version : nitrogen tank help needed central illinois

ev36rayburn
03-23-2011, 04:51 PM
i need to get a nitrogen tank, regulator and filler hose for our afco shocks. where in central illinois can i get this stuff picked up? out local shop in fairbury has some silly lease for 10 year deal and crazy stipulations, so, gotta be someplace in bloomington or peoria or surrounding area. help please and thanks.

turp75
03-23-2011, 05:01 PM
eric you might try callin national welding in bloomington they might have what you are lookin for thats where i get my argon and mixed gas filled. there # is 309 828 5442.

9WRACER
03-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Eric,
Theres a place called rockford welding that sells everything you need and the are alot cheaper then everybody else. They are just down from Farm and Fleet on rt 9 in Bloomington. across the street and down a few blocks from farm and fleet. call me if you need more info 309-256-3962

hpmaster
03-23-2011, 05:45 PM
I found it was easier to buy gas tanks out right and get them filled or exchanged where ever, Airgas around here won't but 4 of their competitors were more than willing to and alot cheaper too. Make sure you know your test dates on your tank so no one exchanges your tank with one that needs to retested sooner. JMHO.

ev36rayburn
03-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys Ill check it out when I get back from vacation

joedoozer
03-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Check your local A/C and electrical supply places. A lot of A/C technicians use "B" tanks. They are small, easier to carry around and store. Our local electrical supply shop fills them for $21.

jdpower
03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Check your local A/C and electrical supply places. A lot of A/C technicians use "B" tanks. They are small, easier to carry around and store. Our local electrical supply shop fills them for $21.

Uhhh- A (B) tank is used for Acetylene and it is highly flammable, hope they are putting Nitrogen in it.

joedoozer
03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Uhhh- A (B) tank is used for Acetylene and it is highly flammable, hope they are putting Nitrogen in it.

The bottle is not an acetylene bottle. It's 40 cu. ft. been filling them and using them for years at the same place. The receipts always say "B" tank refill on them. Just assumed it was.

fast_crew
03-30-2011, 10:11 PM
You need a small bottle (as mentioned above), regulator both can be had at a welding supply shop, or online. Small hose if just doing shocks (yellow coiled hose is all we use) standard air chuck on end of hose. Look on Ebay for the shock filling tool, we picked one up for about $30.

ev36rayburn
03-31-2011, 07:35 AM
thanks everyone. getting it all taken care of at the local welding shop for a very minimal fee.