PDA

View Full Version : twin tube shocks

shawburn
03-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Is anyone running twin tube non adjustable shocks and having success? Looking to buy new shocks and cannot afford top of the line Integras etc. Currently run the SZ series Bilsteins. Just trying to gather some info. Thanks

lindsey97
03-27-2011, 03:44 PM
shawburn, check your pm's

RCJ
03-27-2011, 08:00 PM
We used the sz bilsteins last year.The local bilstein guy showed us how to rebuild them and we converted them all over to the asn aluminum bodys.After you get the hang of it they easy to build,it should be cheaper in the long run and our performance has impoved.

Franklin51
03-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Yea I would like to know too. The shock costs are scaring me away from the dirt even though Id love to do it.

phenom08
03-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Ronnie Johnson is running twin tubes.

Franklin51
03-29-2011, 08:28 AM
what kind?

shawburn
03-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Ronnie Johnson is running twin tubes.

Thats why I brought this up. I saw the article in Dirt Late Model mag. Lets be honest, I am no Ronnie Johnson, and never will be, so I thought I would throw it out there to see who else is finding success running them.

F22 RAPTOR
04-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Thats why I brought this up. I saw the article in Dirt Late Model mag. Lets be honest, I am no Ronnie Johnson, and never will be, so I thought I would throw it out there to see who else is finding success running them.

Lots of average guys are running dual tube. Most of your travelers are on Ohlins or some other high priced mono tube, but most of those guys are on deals. Dual tubes are still a viable racing shock. With shocks it isn't as much about type as it is about knowing how to use what you have. PRO makes some good dual tubes and AFCO too. You'll get a better return on your money going to a chassis seminar and learn to be fast. I'm not knocking either type, mono or dual, but you need to know how to use what you have, there is no magic in just buying a different kind of shock. JMO