PDA

View Full Version : Open wheel mod street car!!

DIRTFUNFAN
03-29-2011, 11:07 AM
ok yall are prolly gonna think i am crazy but i got a old frame and i called my state dmv to see what i had to do to make a street legal car out of it.. i think i am gonna do it sounds kinda fun.. what u think?? besides i am crazy

dirttrackrocker
03-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Been done before. I remember back in the late 70's someone a Canandaigua NY speedway had one they were displaying.

bittight
04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
We used king air shocks and put 1ton 4x4 chevy axles under a mod frame with a triangulated 4link front and rear,cut a few bars out for a second seat and had 37" tires on it...It was a blaast to tool around in..Like racing 1 though it took alot of time and $ to do it right and to get it looking good.

dirty white boy
04-01-2011, 10:17 PM
circle track had a article with one bout 6 months ago,...an bout 2 months ago a side bar with a sprint car street legal....

racin6mod
04-02-2011, 05:43 PM
ther is a couple video's of one on you tube looked great leaf chassis I think. they only have a small 4 inch high bug sheild for a front window.I have thought about this myself 6 years ago I saw a dirt latemodel that was made street legal.