PDA

View Full Version : Moving pull bar left to right on rear end mount.

winn99
03-29-2011, 10:34 PM
I know the effects but what kind of setup do you guys have to easily move the pull bar side to side on the rear end mount? I have seen guys with threaded pieces that they can just screw but not sure how there working. Only way I can think of to do it would require the pull bar to ride on the threads of the all thread or bolt which seems like it would mess the threads up where it wouldn't screw. Thanks for the help.

washeduptoo
03-30-2011, 08:45 AM
That is the way we used to run ours with jam nuts and it worked, just had to replace the bolt when it got where it was hard to adjust. We also had a problem bending the bolt some. Now we run spacers different lengths and change those around. Not as easy as the threaded way though but no bent bolts that are hard to get out. Good luck.

jfleming
03-31-2011, 06:01 AM
interesting thred, what are the effects of moving the pull bar on the rear end hosing left or right? How much of an andjustment are you guys talking about. I am currently running about 1/2" spacers and it wouldnt take anything to make up some different size ones.

washeduptoo
03-31-2011, 10:50 AM
It usually will some drive to the tire its closest to. Usually tighten car up some if its toward lr and loosen it some if its toward the rr on the throttle, its not something we do very often anymore. Found where driver liked it and haven't moved it. Good luck.