PDA

View Full Version : Jake Jones Racing Prepares for Williams Grove opener. 3/30/11

prodirtcar32
03-30-2011, 01:13 PM
March 30, 2011

Jake Jones Racing Prepares for Williams Grove Season Opener after Busy Off-Season.
It’s been a busy winter for Shermans Dale’s Jake Jones and the Team. A brand new Lazer Chassis was delivered in late January followed by a new trailer. Along with the rigors of owning one of the area’s busiest racing parts businesses it’s easy to see that the likable Late Model driver has already been running wide open this season without turning a lap. The yellow & red #43 Millers Racing Parts/Lazer will make its 2011 season debut when the Williams Grove Saturday night series takes the green for the first time on April 9th.

“We are almost ready and I can’t wait to strap in” said Jake taking a minute from unloading tires at the shop. “I really need to thank Kyle, Sean & Keys, they busted their tails to get the new car ready for the Motorama Show and have now taken it back apart to get it ready to race. We (Millers Racing Parts) supply parts trucks to a lot of the local tracks so I have been concentrating on getting the business side ready and those guys have stepped in and took care of the car and new trailer. I couldn’t do this without them” added Jones.

The team’s plans are to run the entire Williams Grove Schedule in 2011 and then hit some of the bigger Steel block races in Virginia and Maryland towards the end of the year. “I really like racing Williams Grove and their schedule just fits our racing a little better. We won a race there back in 2007 and hope to find victory lane again” said the 2009 SSP Track Champion. “We really looked at following the Steel Block Bandit Series this year but I was afraid my old trailer just wasn’t up to the travel with most of the races being south of the Mason/Dixon line. I’ve since picked up a new trailer so I’m looking forward to traveling a little later in the year. I really like racing at different tracks. We’ll see how things go this year and then maybe look at the Bandit series again in 2012.”

Jake Jones Racing welcomed the addition of a new crew member last August when Jake’s wife Steph gave birth to their son Jaxson. “I learned one thing pretty quick this winter” said the 28 year old. “Family means the world to me. I can have a bad day at work or the shop and go pick Jax up and everything is right in the world. He loves to sit and watch the late models on SPEED, but gets bored with the sprint cars” laughed Jones. “Steph means the world to me and is very understanding as she puts up with the long shop hours we have been putting in. I also need to thank Larry Miller, when I bought the business from him a couple years ago, he stayed on and takes care of the customers and all the daily ins and outs of running this business. He is an invaluable asset to making it all work” added Jones.

Jake Jones Racing would like to thank all of the sponsors helping out this year:
Andy Grove Insurance & Financial Service, Blazers Auto Body, Bulldog Rear Ends by DMI, Dana Smith Racing Engines, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tires, Insinger Performance Fuels, Jims Garage, K.R.S. Graphics, Lazer Chassis, Millers Racing Parts, Steve’s Studebakers & Mike Zortman Photography.

Keep up to date with all official Jake Jones news and results at www.jakejonesracing.com look for new apparel coming in 2011.

Upcoming Races:
April 9th – Williams Grove Speedway
April 23rd – Williams Grove Speedway
April 30th – Williams Grove Speedway
May 7th – Williams Grove Speedway