PDA

View Full Version : Jon Henry Teams Up With Lawrence Motorsports

DustinJ14
03-31-2011, 02:43 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jon Henry Racing

March 30, 2011
Media Contact: Dustin Jarrett (dustinjarrett@yahoo.com)

Jon Henry to Drive for Lawrence Motorsports in Select Races This Season

ADA, OH (3/30/11) – Former Sunoco American Late Model Series Champion Jon Henry has been tabbed to pilot to Lawrence Motorsports #11 in select races for the 2011 racing season.

Henry, who has won a track or series championship each of the last four seasons, will be wheeling the Mike Lawrence-owned entry in at least 15 Sunoco ALMS events this season. Past drivers of the of the western Ohio based #11 have included, among others, Brian Ruhlman, Jerry Bowersock, Duane Chamberlain, Ben Adkins, and most recently Keith Berner.

“I’m really looking forward to the opportunity,” Henry said. “Mike has been around the sport for a long time and has won multiple Eldora Championships, so I feel I can really learn a lot from his program. We both have black front end Rockets, so there shouldn’t be any problem getting comfortable in his car. For me, it’s an opportunity to split time between cars and to race more races.”

In addition to his new ride, Henry’s 2011 “Share The Experience” tour is in full swing. Appearances at local mall shows have been well received and Henry recently took the opportunity to speak with three different groups of students at Lima North Middle School about the math and science involved in racing.

“I’m a race car driver, and I use a lot of math and science, so it helps when I can relate it to these students, letting them know this is a lot of the stuff I use,” Henry told a local newspaper.

In addition, Henry is allowing the students to submit their designs for a math and science-based paint scheme on his car. Henry and Kurt Wilson, of Wide open Graphics, will choose the winning design in early June. The student whose design is selected will receive suite VIP passes complimentary of the University of Northwestern Ohio for the race called the ‘Dream’ at Eldora Speedway June 10th and 11th.

Those interested in appearances by Henry as well as those wanting to learn more about the team’s marketing partnership opportunities, should contact JHR Ltd at teamdev@jonhenryracing.com.

For the latest news, results, and scheduling information on Jon Henry, please visit his website at www.jonhenryracing.com

JHR Ltd. would like to thank their 2011 affiliates: Wide Open Graphics, William H. Bass Trucking, Snyder Chiropractic, Boco Machine, Racing World 1330 WFIN, K&N Filters, Ohlins, Hooker Harness, Outerwears, Bell, Eibach Springs, Accu Force, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Hawk Performance, VP race fuels, Wiles Drive Shaft.