View Full Version : s10 drop spindles on a metric

dazed and confused
04-01-2011, 07:27 AM
what do you think of 2 inch drop spindles on a metric
would this not lower rc ????
any one use these luv um hate um???

RussellBaker
04-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Go with either a camaro or impala spindle. You can buy them from speedway for $60 a piece. These will help the front end geometry of a metric car alot more then any metric spindle. Also get a lower ball joint for a 95 chevrolet 1500( the tall ones) and weld them on top of the lower control arm. Doing these two things will improve the car tremendously.

nathanbaker55
04-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Been running them for 4 years works great. Helps a bunch with roll centers. Only down side I found is 200 a set and are weaker than stock were the tie rod bolts on. They break off when stock ones usually just bend.

nikk
04-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I've got a used set I would sell for $125 shipped.Nothing wrong with them.Brand is Bell tech I think

stock car driver
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Been running them for 4 years works great. Helps a bunch with roll centers. Only down side I found is 200 a set and are weaker than stock were the tie rod bolts on. They break off when stock ones usually just bend.

How do they help with roll centers?

dirty white boy
04-08-2011, 01:48 PM
might help on pavement,..but dont see how it could on dirt????

stockcar5
04-09-2011, 09:34 AM
they dont change roll center if they are stock height spindles. all they will do is lower ride height.

Chasisguy7
04-19-2011, 12:14 AM
I agree with stockcar5 the only way you change your RC is by changing arm angles. Which is involves changing pick up points ie longer or shorter spindle. I think why guys are thinking their car is better with longer lower ball joints and drop spindles is because their RC is two low or to far to the left so the car falls on the RF and using drop spindles and longer lower ball joints lowers the mass and helps cover up the real problem. These are great for asphalt but not dirt.

dirty white boy
04-19-2011, 02:29 AM
a 2 inch drop spindle would move the tire contact patch location up 2 inches in relation to hole rest of car,..ant the tire patch location not part of the formula of figuring moment center??? if so then it would have to change it,..if nothing else is should be 2 inches lower right??? this stuff is a bit above my head... believe it would lower roll center 2 inches also wouldn't it??

bushracing67
04-19-2011, 09:17 AM
tire contact patch is gonna be on the ground, doesn't really matter if you have a monster truck or skateboard, so in a word.... no

as mentioned all it changes is ride height/frame height, all a-frame angles would stay basically the same, a small amount of weight would change if you don't drop the rear of the car an equal amount, but i have never seen a 2" drop ford 9, so i doubt thats going to happen

cswitch11
06-15-2012, 09:57 PM
I agree with stockcar5 the only way you change your RC is by changing arm angles s10 lowering kit (http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/chevrolet-s10/lowering-kit/). Which is involves changing pick up points ie longer or shorter spindle. I think why guys are thinking their car is better with longer lower ball joints and drop spindles is because their RC is two low or to far to the left so the car falls on the RF and using drop spindles and longer lower ball joints lowers the mass and helps cover up the real problem. These are great for asphalt but not dirt.

I do agree as well. That's what I do when I replaced and bought a new S10 lowering kit.