PDA

View Full Version : K-C Raceway Pepares for Great 2011 Season

Unclebig
04-01-2011, 05:41 PM
K-C Raceway Pepares for Great 2011 Season
Track Registration Fee Dropped in Wake of Tough Economic Times

CHILLICOTHE, OHIO- Schrader’s K-C Raceway near Chillicothe, Ohio has been preparing for its upcoming season opener on April 9, when the competitive AMRA Modified Road Warrior Challenge Tour comes to town. The AMRA Super Late Models will also be on the race card along with the K-C Hobby Stocks. Like last year, this will be "Hall of Fame Night" featuring drivers and families from Atomic Speedway and the early K-C Raceway years.
Saturday, April 2 will be practice day for any class of car. Concessions will be open and fans are welcome. There will be a $25 per car fee to cover insurance.
The following week the powerful 410 sprint cars come to town with support from the AMRA Advanced Services Modifieds, and Hobby Stocks on April 16.
In the wake of several race track closures in Ohio, K-C owner Jeff Schrader professed, “I have made a lot of sacrifices to keep K-C Raceway open for another year. It looks like this year is going to be the best of the three that I have owned the track.
"I will do everything within my power and put forth every effort to make this a great year. But to make this happen, I need the support of all the drivers and fans; and we need to bring new fans into the sport.”
Besides adding the prestigious Dirt Track World Championship on October 13,14,15 of 2011, K-C will again host the Dirt Cup Classic for Late Models on April 30, the nationally recognized “Freedom 40” for sprint cars on September 10; and “The Night the Stars Come Out” a combined effort that features the O’Reilly All-Star Circuit of Champion Sprint Cars and the All-Star Late Models.”
Many great things are on the horizon at K-C Raceway, including track improvements, special programming for kids, and the Hall of Fame Night.
Many tracks in the Ohio Valley have a registration fee. K-C Raceway was going to follow suit in an effort to substantiate a points fund and the costs of getting tax forms and other registration forms together. Originally, K-C Raceway management was planning to put together a $25 license fee, but owner Jeff Schrader said, “We are going to drop the fee. I hate to make the drivers pay the registration fee, and with some of the events that have transpired over the winter, we are waving the fee for this year. To race at K-C Raceway, all you have to do is join the AMRA and nothing else. You are registered for free.”
Schrader added, “We have got a lot of great things going on at the speedway this year, but along with the good comes some bad. Economic times are tough for everyone. There have been all kinds of rumors out there. I believe that the most important thing is that K-C Raceway is indeed open, drivers have a place to race, and that K-C will have a full season of racing. I want everyone to know that you all are important to me and K-C Raceway.”
Schrader continued to address other issues and dispel rumors. “I want to address one issue; an issue in particular that I thought I could resolve by now, but didn’t. The 2010 point fund has not been paid, but it will be paid. I apologize that I didn’t get this out sooner. It spawned a lot of bad press.”
“The top five drivers in respective divisions will get their share of the point money by July 1, 2011 and one free pit pass until July 2. Positions 6-10 will get one free pit pass for the first half of the season through July 2. I think this will be more than fair to the drivers.“
“I thought seriously about not racing in 2011 and paid the mortgage and other bills just so we could open this year. I don’t want this to take any more away from this season. This is going to be a great racing season. Again, apologies drivers, you will get your money. We are going to move forward from this point on.”
In conclusion, Schrader added, “I want opening night to be a great night for the Hall of Fame families. This is a new year and a new start. Let’s go racing!
As announced earlier this month K-C Raceway will be requiring Raceivers in every division for the 2011 racing season which begins April 9 with the Advanced Services AMRA Road Warrior Challenge, AMRA Late Models, and Dan Reno Hobby Stocks.
Drivers are asked to fill out registration forms and AMRA forms prior to the first race. AMRA dues are $75 now or drivers can race once with a temporary $15 AMRA license in the Late Model and Modified divisions only. Sprint cars will run under the Goodyear tire rule. AMRA Modifieds must run Hoosier Tires and Late Models are under the open tire rule.
For all of the latest news and action about KC Raceway be sure to visit the website at www.kc-raceway.com