PDA

View Full Version : Any benefits to raising the motor up a inch?

lovindirt66x
04-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Help or hurt to raise the motor a inch in the car?

hpmaster
04-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I am no expert but I guess it depends on a bunch of things. The change would be a longer I believe it is called moment arm, the distance between the roll center and the center of gravity of front of the car. So with that said it would depend on if you needed more leverage or weight on the right front tire after you have determined that the roll center was at an optimal static point. Now I have heard guys with some GRT's say it was a benifit by raising the engine but to say it would help a car would depend on a whole bunch of other things. I would be interested in what others who know more might say on how to determine what is "right".

Chuckster421
04-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I am going to tell you yes. But I will catch hell for it. Way back when, we wanted the motor as far left and as low as we could. Then the four bar came around! We needed the right front to compress more, so the rear could articulate. They sold a whole lot of springs, oil pans , racks.etc... If you put a stiffer rf in, you cant get up on the bars quick enough. So raising the engine raises your roll center. And the smaller the engine the higher I would go!