PDA

View Full Version : not getting fuel pressure

racing12
04-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I have done everything I could think of and I'm getting no fuel to my carb. Changed the fuel pump twice put a new rod in the pump made sure all lines were clear and new filter. Any suggestions.

C10
04-03-2011, 12:10 AM
First of all check that your pick up tube didnt fall off inside your fuel cell. Once you know its attached without any holes in it, take your feed line from the cell off at the pump. Then take a blow gun and LIGHTLY pressurize your cell with air by using the blow gun into the fuel cell breather. Once fuel flows out of the line that goes to the pump, hook it up. Make sure the carb bowls are full by priming them with a squirt bottle untill the fuel trickles out of the boosters in the carb. Start the car and see if you have pressure. I have had some pumps that dont like to pump if the line is totally dry and this will eliminate the issue if you have one like this. Good Luck!

racing12
04-03-2011, 05:54 AM
I did all that. I get fuel all the way up to the pump and then nothing. No lines are clogged or anything.

racing12
04-03-2011, 06:08 AM
I had 2 fuel pumps that were used. I'm going to buy a new one and if it doesn't work then I dunno what else it could be. I was also only filling the front bowl. Do I have to fill both of them?

dirttrackrocker
04-03-2011, 08:07 AM
I would say it's definately the pump if you have fuel all the way to the pump. Only need to fill the front bowl. Also if you have the cylindrical type in line filter, make sure the cartridge isn't in backwards.

raceman17
04-04-2011, 07:09 AM
You may also want to see if the fuel pump rod is moving back and forth in the block. You might have a cam issue.

I would advise that you take the fuel pump plate off the block and then place your finger on the pump rod and spin the motor over and see if the rod moves back and forth. DO NO STICK YOUR FINGER INTO THE BLOCK WITH THE PLATE ATTACHED TO CHECK MOVEMENT. YOU WILL PROBABLY SMASH YOU FINGER!!!!

usafracer
04-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Did you put a longer bolt in to hold the pushrod up? Did you remember to take that bolt back out?

racing12
04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the infor guys. I got it. The return line was a little clogged and not letting very much fuel flow through. When i blew it out the first time must not have gotten it all out.