PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a car running a truetrack, and driving style.

3-6 Racing
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
This year we decided to try a eaton truetrack differential. How much differently is the car going to have to be setup and how will I have to adjust my driving style? The track is always heavy in the heats and dryslick in the feature with the line being all the way down against the uke tires. In the feature if you can stay all the way on the bottom and stick your line perfect each time like an asphalt track, you're unbeatable. I figure having the advantage of an unlocked rear end would be great in the features where a locked rear gives you a push on the bottom if you drive in too hard. Any thoughts or opinions?

Graff Spee
04-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Every one tries this at some point in thier career. It will loosen the car period! Just make sure you can lock it back up! After a few nights you will lock it and never go back! This is not asphalt racing. You can post next season that I was on the money! I will look for the thing for sale on another part of this board. Really though, I don't think you should do it. If you do get it to work, you are a better man than I! Good luck with it though.

balljoint_
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
How does a limited slip work?

Would a gleason type work? (diamond track or DPI platinum?, Locker with leftside lockup?)

ToddSmith16
04-15-2011, 11:28 AM
If anyone is looking for a DPI Platinum...contact me...sell half the cost of new! 31 spline for ford 9 inch.

stock car driver
04-15-2011, 02:27 PM
dont drive in too hard on the bottom and you wont have a push.

I tried a detroit locker when I ran pavement... I was the track record holder timing in and broke my own record for 3 years. I timed in changed 3rd and did it again and it wasnt any faster... in traffic it sucked, the locking and unlocking wasnt smooth.

maybe a tru track is better I dont know. But I do know I have no need for one on dirt...

Car Biz
05-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Every one tries this at some point in thier career. It will loosen the car period! Just make sure you can lock it back up! After a few nights you will lock it and never go back! This is not asphalt racing. You can post next season that I was on the money! I will look for the thing for sale on another part of this board. Really though, I don't think you should do it. If you do get it to work, you are a better man than I! Good luck with it though.

Moyer has run one for YEARS. Working on a UMP modified right now tring to get the setup correct. GRAFF SPEE is correct it will make the car loose. stagger will not be you friend with it. It works for some and not for others. I hope it works for you!

balljoint_
05-06-2011, 10:07 PM
yeah, little or no stagger. Thats the point.