PDA

View Full Version : bert trans

jcagle44
04-04-2011, 08:46 PM
bleeding the clutch and not getting any kind of pedal i am getting fluid not much pressure does it sound like the master cylinder is bad

jrkracing54
04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I had the same issue with the #4 line that came with my car. Switched to a #3 line and fixed the problem.

LIS20
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
I have the same problem -- good pressure and peddle at the master cylinder --good pressure and peddle at the end of the lne -- hooked line to BERT, fluid came out of the bleeder but no peddle. I sent the BERT to the rebuilder and everything was fine.
I did notice that when I let the line gravity feed, nothing came out after an hour or so.
Will try a -3 line. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

JAMESGANGRACING
04-07-2011, 10:22 PM
It can take forever sometimes,let it gravity bleed for a while then take the bleeder plug out, put your finger over the end and pump the pedal, releasing the pressure at your finger and pretty soon it will work,then put the plug back in.

stevo
04-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Put rubber hose over bleeder and run into bottle so air does not get in line and pump away

late96
04-09-2011, 12:29 PM
We found it to be easier to unbolt trans and rotate so bleeder was up. JMO

vms
04-12-2011, 06:25 AM
i two had the same problem, the first thing was i had a 5/8 bore master cylander and i changed that. I do have a #4 line and your right the pressure dont seem normal and i could get anything to move to the tranny. So i bought a brake bleeder rigged it up and it worked on bleeding. Then we didn't relize how the latemodel clutch worked and was trying to us it like a car clutch. Now it works all the way to the floor. But the bleeder cost 20 bucks from harbor frieght. autozone it was $30. But it worked.