PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hershey - Press Release - 4/5/11

prodirtcar32
04-05-2011, 11:15 AM
April 5th, 2011

After a Busy Off Season Hershey Racing, Tyler Hershey Kicks Off 2011 With a Top Ten Finish...

It was a long and busy off-season for the Mercersburg, Pennsylvania based Hershey Racing. After finishing The 2010 Season with an outstanding fourth place in Hagerstown Speedway’s Super Late Model points, the team went right to work gearing up for the new season. A brand new Lazer chassis was delivered over the winter and the team worked hard this off-season assembling the car to get it ready for the Hagerstown Opener. Tyler responded by winning his heat race and bringing the Hershey Racing Engines #74 home with an outstanding 6th place finish. The team will be back in action twice this coming weekend where Tyler will race Friday at Williams Grove Speedway (PA) and then be back at Hagerstown (MD) on Saturday.

“It was a good night” said the 20 year old full time college student. “Of course you always go out thinking you want to win, but to debut a brand new car with almost all new parts on it, we’re happy with the sixth and will go out this week and try to improve on it. I have to thank Dad for all his hard work this winter. Dave (Motter), Tom and (Cousin) Dave along with my Pap & Uncle Jon have also spent a lot of time getting us ready to race. We couldn’t do this without their help” added Tyler.

“I’m very excited for the new season, we learned a lot last year and have spent the winter making sure this car is just the way I want it” said Hershey. “We are very excited to have Keizer Wheels helping us out this year. They have come on board and have been a big help along with VP Racing Fuels. Both companies have stepped in and helped improve our program. We also have help this year from Ott Brothers Furniture, The Brake Man & R2C Filters. These new sponsors have joined all the great ones that I have had the past couple of years and every one of them is important to us being on the track” added Tyler. “My Mom & Dad sacrifice a lot to make sure I have the best equipment that we can afford, and I will always be so grateful. I just want to go out and win some races and consistently finish up front.”

The team’s 2011 schedule resembles much of what they did in 2010. The immaculate Hershey Racing Engines/JWP Environmental/Ramsey’s Septic Service Lazer will unload every week at Hagerstown Speedway with the goal of winning the track championship. The team will also race in various races across the area including some of the 3-State Flyer, Lucas Oil and Speedweek races.

Tyler would like to thank his sponsors:
Hershey’s Racing Engines, Lazer Chassis, JWP Environmental Inc., Ramsey’s Septic Service, ALH Bookkeeping, Main Street Pizza & Subs, Ott Brothers Furniture with product help from HTMA, K.R.S. Graphics, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, VP Racing Fuel. Brake Man, Bernheisel Race Components, R2C Filters, Fred Bodies & Bell Helmets.

Keep up with Tyler’s schedule, results and news at his official home on the web www.tylerhershey.com