PDA

View Full Version : Brinn clutch

17GZ
04-05-2011, 11:29 AM
My clutch pedal has very little resistance. Fluid squirts out the bleeder when I open it. Should there be resistance like a regular clutch or brake pedal?

AH55
04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Mine doesn't have resistance like a regular clutch, but seems to work fine. I bought it used and have never owned one before, so I thought the same as you...but it worked fine all season.

cavemod
04-05-2011, 09:13 PM
you should have little to no pressure.Think about the spring that has to compress to activate the clutch.Its real small about 2 inch diameter and the wire size is what .060 how much force does it take to compress it versus the pressure it takes to bend the spring steel used in a mini clutch or the wire diameter used in a long or borg and beck style pressure plate.the whole clutch in a brinn is smaller than motorcycle clutch diameter wise.the hydraulic pedal also reduces the amount of pedal effort compared to a normal bellcrank stock style clutch setup

17GZ
04-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks, sounds like I'm good to go.

powerslide
04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Thanks, sounds like I'm good to go.

it should go down and get solid though.

dirttrackrocker
04-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I thought the same thing. Mine only goes about an inch and gets rock solid. Works fine..

sj valley dave
04-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Don't forget, in a Brinn tranny, your leg is really the pressure plate...That is why it gets solid when you press down. Unlike a regular clutch that your leg is overcoming the pressure plate, you are the pressure plate...that is why the cars goes forward when you press down, not by letting up....Should be no pressure till the clutch discs and plates all start to compress...

TALON75
04-07-2011, 03:51 AM
easy way to check if it is working properly is to put it in low gear and spin the rear wheels, then press the clutch while spinning and the wheels should lock up .