PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Sauces----?

Jimmy Henry
04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I've pulled out the grill for the first time this year and making bone-in pork ribs over mesquite wood chunks (no charcoal this time) even as I type...

I came across Sticky Fingers brand sauce (I like rub as well but there's just something about sauce!) and fell in love with their Memphis style. I like to experiment a good bit with my own sauce creations and spices but I can't seem to top Sticky Fingers Memphis style...

Anyone care to share their favorites or their own recipes?

slick01
04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Jimmy,

I like Sticky Fingers as well, both Memphis and Carolina Gold. John Boy and Billy's Grillin Sauce is good too especially the spicy hot if you like some kick. Also partial to Sweet Baby Rays. Here in the Carolina's we can get an abundance of local sauces, especially mustard or vinegar based. One sauce that is a definite winner is from the BBQ joint based out of Alabama....Dreamland. http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/

roman
04-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Just tried this a couple weeks ago with Baby backs. First soaked them for 12hrs in some Famous Daves mard. then cooked ( smoked) over cherry and apple wood. Then finished em using some Franks hot sauce mixed with butter ( buffalo wing sauce) and horse radish. EEEMMM YUMMM!

I've never really had a BBQ sauce that i've disliked.

Clayton_Wetter
04-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Coming to a hospital near you!!!

wallcrusher
04-08-2011, 01:17 PM
.....If some folks down home saw this!

1/2 cp.shallots
1/2 cp carrots
1/2 cp bell pepper
cook in water until soft....Pull shallot skins and and continue cooking/mashing down to paste....add bacon drippings or lard to keep from sticking.

1 cp Datil peppers DE-SEEDED....trust me. You are gonna have to call your Redneck friends in N.E.Florida for these peppers....they are very hard to find anywhere else.
1 cp brown sugar
1 cp tomato sauce
1 cp brown vinegar
1 tbs salt
2 tbs sage

Toss it all in a blender and run it on blast.......you can add red wine to loosen it up if need be!

Paint you selected roadkill and marinate for a couple of hours.
Dab it on as grillin' commences!

..........you can double up or, triple up the Datil's and, you have the most premier dipping hot sauce, known to Mankind..........free..................no charge!

wallcrusher
04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
.............if you are desperate....I happen to have 2 Datil plants I brought to Ky. last year and, they have wintered in the laundry room.......I think the are gonna make it.
Talk to me in late August-mid September....I might can fix you up!

HighMaintenance2007
04-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Try the Budweiser Brand BBQ sauce,...

where available ..Anntony`s Carribbean is the stuff for everything ...

PBR7c
04-25-2011, 08:14 PM
If you are going to cook pork, its hard to beat Montgomery Inn BBQ, but I made a clone of Famous Daves Devil's spit the other day thats good on everthing if you like having your forehead swet and chugging pabst.