PDA

View Full Version : Zack Mitchell Endures Up and Down Race Weekend

flagone
04-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Zack Mitchell Endures Up and Down Race Weekend

Enoree, South Carolina – Up and coming teenage dirt racing star Zack “Kid Quick” Mitchell and his Team 57 Racing Team traveled to the 311 Speedway in Pine Hall, North Carolina on Saturday night. Mitchell pulled double duty on this night by racing in both the Fastrak Crate and in the Ultimate Super Late Model Series events. The 2010 Southern All Stars East Rookie of the Year started out his evening in very promising fashion as both his cars were very fast during hot laps. Unfortunately the hot lap sessions turned out to by the high point of the night for Mitchell. “We just had a bad night. We couldn’t seem to catch a break. But we raced at a new track and tried to learn as much as we could for when we come back up here in July. At least we are leaving with both cars still in one piece.” said Mitchell.

Mitchell seemed to be hurt somewhat by two early draws in qualifying. “I think the track picked up later in both qualifying rounds and we just went out so early both times.” added Mitchell. His effort in the Fastrak crate car locked Mitchell into the starting field but he was marred deep in the ninth row. “We just never could get going in the main. And we ended up pulling in because we weren’t going anywhere.” Mitchell said. Mitchell was also forced into one of the night’s two Ultimate Series heat races to set his starting spot for the Super Late Model feature event. Starting from the outside pole position Zack was riding along in second and was poised to secure a 12th place starting position when he cut down a tire. He was forced to pit and relegated to last in the heat.

His heat race finish placed Zack shotgun on the field in the 20th starting position for the 40 lap / $5000 to win feature event. As the feature rolled to green Mitchell was able to avoid some early spins and wrecks and seemed to be making forward progress. But when veteran Gary Mabe looped his machine Mitchell was unable to avoid him and sustained front end damage. The damage was unfortunately too heavy to repair quickly and Mitchell retired from the event and was credited with an 18th place finish. “It wasn’t a good night for us at all but that’s part of racing. I was just glad to be able to compete with these guys and make some laps. We will go back home and me and my dad and Chad will get everything fixed and ready to go again.” said Mitchell.

Team 57 also announced this week that they have retained the services of KELCAR Motorsports Media & Management to support Zack and his team with public relations and marketing. “I am very excited to have the opportunity to represent Zack. I have known Zack’s mom and dad since grade school and I have had the chance to watch Zack develop his talent the last couple of years. Zack is a very talented young man. He is also personable and very marketable. He brings a lot to the table and I hope we can help him expand on that and build his career to the heights that it is capable of. Zack has some really exciting things going on right now that could definitely be a big boost to his racing career. We hope that we can make a more formal announcement about all of that very soon.” said KELCAR Motorsports Owner Kelley Carlton.

Zack would like to thank all of his fans and friends for their continued support. He would also like to recognize his fantastic sponsors for the 2011 season. Those sponsors include Hamrick’s of Gaffney, Marvin Lawson Motorsports, Clary Hood, Inc., Hot Spot / R.L. Jordan Oil Company, Big A’s Custom Graphics, RE Suspension, Pursley Grading, Eagle Manufacturing, Q Racing Oil, Clements Racing Engines, Hoosier Race Tires, Kenny Lamb Racing Engines, KELCAR Motorsports Media & Management, Rock Batteries, Joie of Seating, BKP Art, Simpson, WRT Web Design and Bearden Oil Company. Team 57 still has outstanding marketing opportunities for the 2011 season and beyond. For more information contact Kelley Carlton by calling (864) 871-1442 or email to kelcarms@gmail.com

Mitchell and his team plan to take the coming weekend off, as they prepare for the Saturday night, April 16th Ultimate Super Late Model Series event at the Gordon Park Speedway in Augusta, Georgia. Gordon Park Speedway will host a 40 lap / $4000 to win feature for the Ultimate Super Late Models. Fans and supporters can follow Mitchell and his team throughout the year by visiting Zack’s home on the World Wide Web. Point your web browsers to www.zackmitchell57.com to learn more about Zack and his team. There you will find the latest photos, results and news from Team 57. We also invite you to like our “Kid Quick” Zack Mitchell page on Facebook and to follow us on Twitter @ZackMitchell57.