PDA

View Full Version : K-C Raceway -Horizon, McDonalds, and Fireball Racing Team up for 2011 Race Season

Unclebig
04-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Horizon, McDonalds, and Fireball Racing Team up for 2011 Race Season

CHILLICOTHE, OHIO- Dave “Fireball” Pinkerton of Chillicothe, Ohio lives life in the fast lane—“Literally”. The owner of Advanced Services Heating and Cooling drives the flashy number 8 Fireball Racing AMRA Modified each weekend throughout the spring and summer. It is through this venue that Pinkerton’s Fireball Racing has teamed up with Horizon Telephone Company and McDonalds.
Dubbed “Fireball” for his blazing on-track performances along with being an aggressive businessman is anxiously awaiting the 2011 racing season with his new sponsorship. The Race team begins Saturday, April 9 at K-C Raceway.
“We are extremely excited about the support that we are getting from Horizon. Horizon’s commitment to my race team is reflective of the commitment they have to the local communications industry. Horizon is one of the best Broadband, Security, Video, and Phone Companies in the world.”
“Locally owned for over 100 years by the McKell Family, Horizon has prospered. This company has supported local business, supported their employees, and has supported the community through generous donations and other support since the company’s inception.”
“Horizon is proud to renew our relationship with Fireball Racing and driver Dave Pinkerton for the 2011 racing season,” said Horizon spokesman Randy Davies. “Dave’s commitment to ethical standards and a strong community program is exactly what Horizon embraces in its daily business practices. We’re thrilled to be car number 8’s major sponsor this year. We look forward to seeing Dave have great success, not only on the track, but through his community outreach program with the race team.”
“Horizon’s 116-year commitment to Appalachia Ohio is why our associates enjoy the opportunity to Work, Play, and Connect in this area. We look forward to seeing Dave’s blazing-fast, fiber-optic clad car take the checkered flag many times this season”, added Davies.
With corporate offices in Chillicothe, Ohio, Horizon Telcom is a leading broadband provider of advanced data services in southern and eastern Ohio. Utilizing its extensive network of fiber optic cable, Horizon delivers advanced high speed data services, Internet, voice, digital video, security and monitoring services. Horizon’s entrepreneurial heritage and long‐standing commitment to remarkable customer care, ensures its devotion to connecting its customers through cutting‐edge broadband technology.

Said Pinkerton, “My goal for 2011 is to keep the “Powered by Horizon” 2011 Lightning Chassis upfront in every race. We have good equipment, new cars and new engines. I hope we have left behind the ‘bad luck’ from 2010. It was probably our worst season ever because of so many engine failures.”
“Racing is just like life. You have good days and you have bad days,” continued the Advanced Services point man. “In 2009, we had our best season ever, collecting multiple wins, back to back wins, and we were fastest qualifier several times. We also finished 2nd in points at K-C Raceway.”
The Fireball Racing Team begins its season April 9, 2011 with the K-C Raceway season opener. The race will be a huge event for the Advanced Services Modifieds who will be the headlining class for the AMRA Road Warrior Tour.
Fireball would like nothing more than to bring home the top prize, asserting the “quick connection” for the ‘Powered by Horizon’ team.”
“I have been so blessed with so much support from my family, sponsors, friends, and local businesses that I want to give back and make this venture as fun as I can for everyone that wants to be part of it.”
Pinkerton, a personable personality and devout Christian does just that. He freely gives back to the community. Many times he pays it forward, touching many lives in a positive manner.

What Fireball Racing does for the local community?
• Visits local nursing homes with his car and talks to the residents about the car and racing.
• Visits local schools, and does a safety talk to the kids about the safety aspects of their equipment (skate board, bikes, parents car) and how it relates to the racecar…(seat belts, helmet, fire extinguisher, fire suit, gloves, harnesses, neck restraints, etc,)
• Visits local businesses and sponsors to get the fans and public up next to a real racecar. This is a rare opportunity for many. It also brings new customers to those businesses.
• Visits under privileged children and organizations that help children.
• Provides Weekly newsletters to supporting nursing homes for the residents to read.
• Supports sponsors through a referral program that Fireball Racing developed.
• Speaks at events as a driver, representing sponsors and supporting the racing industry locally.
• Sponsors the Modified Series at KC Raceway. The Advanced Services Modified Series
• In 2011 Fireball Racing will be donating $500 to United Way.
• Supports local schools’ athletic boosters through advertising and displays. Fireball Racing displays ads that highlight his sponsors and Fireball Racing in sports’ programs.
Another new sponsor in 2011 will be McDonalds. Says Pinkerton, “We will be sporting the “Golden Arches” for the locally owned MCDONALD’S Restaurants. McDonald’s is coming on board this year with the idea of supporting the local community with its corporate functions and community events.”
“What I like about McDonald’s, the Fewsters, and the entire
Management Staff is that they believe in giving back to the community” says Fireball. “My first real job was with McDonalds back in 1986. The same people
own it today that taught me the value of giving back to the community. That is why I think so highly of the McDonalds Organization for coming on board and supporting me; It’s over 25 years later, and “I’m lovin’ it !”
Pinkerton not only thanks Horizon and McDonalds for coming aboard in 2011, but is also very grateful to continue his relationship with other sponsors.
“With the cost of racing rising, every sponsor contributes to the success of this team. I am very thankful to have so many great sponsors and such outstanding businesses associates. It takes everyone to achieve success and I am blessed to have so much help.”
The Carrier Corporation has signed on again in support of Fireball Racing. Carrier has been a sponsor for over 4 years now, and their commitment to Fireball Racing grows stronger each year. Carrier is the most recognized manufacturer of Heating and Air Conditioning Equipment in the industry.
“It means a lot to me that Carrier has so much faith in marketing through Fireball Racing.”

Other Sponsors of Fireball Racing: Hoosier Tires, Megan Carroll State Farm Agent, Carnes Realty, Chillicothe Carpet, Advanced Services, Chrissinger Company, Eastern Avenue Lumber, Madru Plumbing Supply, Printex Printing, Airgas, Davis Electric, Whited Seigneur and Rahe CPAs, Wagner Rental, and other silent associate sponsors who believe in Fireball Racing’s cause.

You can visit Fireball Racing at www.fireballpinkerton.com and learn more. You can also watch Fireball Racing from inside his racecar from a camera that is installed in his car each night.

For more information on Horizon contact:
Randy Davies
Public Relations Manager
68 E. Main St.
Chillicothe, OH 45601