PDA

View Full Version : BWRC left rear in front shock?

jrkracing54
04-06-2011, 04:25 AM
I'm a rocket guy but my buddy has a 06 BWRC that he says is tight in the middle of the corner then gets snappy loose. What shock do you guys run in front of the left rear? I'm not sure what he has on the car now but I think it's wrong. he said it was a 9compression 2 rebound twin tube. I know my left rear in front has 0 rebound and I was thinking this shock he has could be his problem. Just wanted to get a little more input from the experts on here to be sure I'm giving him the correct advice. I know nothing about Barry Wright cars so I don't want to tell him something wrong if they do something different than I do on my rocket. I have the Afco pop up shock on my car and I've been trying to get him to put it on his car to see if it helps. Seems to me that 2 rebound in front of the left rear would slow the hike on the left rear and slow down the weight transfer. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John 1*

lovinlatemodels
04-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Make sure the shock not going to full extension we had that problem car would start off the corner good then snap loose. we added a extension to the shock and fixed the problem. There is also alot of other things that cause this too much rear steer also if it's real tight in the middle he could be snaping the car loose with the throtle to get the car to turn causing the loose coming off the corner. Just some idea's

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-06-2011, 08:39 AM
More rebound in the lr front will make the car looser on entry. Exit is not so easy to predict. It depends on if your limiter is set in the right place, car's attitude in the center of the corner, etc.

For problems in the middle of the corner, look at the j bar.

Matt49
04-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Fix the problem in the middle first. Is it tight in the middle when he's just rolling through the middle or is it right when he picks up the throttle. If it's on initial throttle application, you would try raising the lower left bar on the frame.
If it's just rolling through the center then you might try raising the j-bar on the pinion side.