PDA

View Full Version : Indexing Left Upper

slmcrewchief99
04-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm just looking for a little useful infromation about indexing our left upper. I know a few of the answers but I was looking at everyone else's opinions on the pros and cons of indexing. Some of the races we attend we have to run spec 1600's. Alot of the tracks are 1/4th mile, stop and go corners, and really slick off. Any extra amount of drive we can find is a plus. We seem to always struggle with drive on corner exit. I know ya'll are going to ask me all about our setups and all I can say is please trust me when I say we are running the correct springs, bar angles, shocks, etc. All I'm looking for is just little more drive. Our chassis builder tells us not to do it so the driver/car owner won't try it. But crap, if everyone else is doing it and out running us then what is that saying. I would tell you we are in a mastersbilt by stuckey but I don't want to get in trouble. lol. Any opinions ya'll have would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Alan

SLM98
04-07-2011, 07:10 PM
With the tires you are running I don't think you will ever get the drive you want unless you index however you may have to change your drop some as with this set up it can make you rear steer too much. I have a Mastersbilt also on D55s and index on smaller tracks.

hall99
04-08-2011, 08:36 AM
If it is a really tight cornered short straight away track it may work for you. I would shorten your right side bars up at least a 1/2" if the track is slick to reduce some of the rear steer. Normally drop it on the frame before indexing as well.

hucktyson
04-08-2011, 08:00 PM
If ronnie stuckey is telling you not to do it, there is a very good reason, however if its masters telling you not to i would try it

Graff Spee
04-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Don't be afraid to try everything ! Who cares what some other guy says! You will learn more from doing than not. If its the wrong action to take, you will know why next time. Think on your own! The sooner you do that the sooner you will really learn what you need to know and then really get fast!

WarsawSuspTec
04-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Stucky is telling you not to index on the birdcage cause you will blow the tire`s of it,what are you running on your fith spring and shock,and what`s your left rear spring,you running a pop up shock ?