PDA

View Full Version : Street Stock Master Cylinder for 4 wheel disc brakes

racerkrp1
04-10-2011, 10:04 PM
I am wondering what is a good stock master cylinder to use on a 1975 Camaro with 4 wheel disc brakes? I am using 4 stock gm calipers, No booster and I have to use a oem master cylinder. Thanks in advanced...

hot_rod
04-11-2011, 03:06 PM
I went to the junkyard and found one off of a late model Tahoe with four wheel disc brakes. We just cut the lines, because the fittings were different. It bolted right in place of the metric master cylinder. Put the new fitting on the stock metric lines, bleed the brakes and went racing. Pretty easy swap. Hope this helps.

rocky08
04-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I just went through the same problem and ended up with a 78 cj7 master cylinder comes with the rod connected and no brake booster. You will have to find the right brake line fittings but My local napa had them in stock. Good luck.

Graff Spee
04-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Don't forget about the proportioning valve! It must match the 4 wheel disc brake configureation . If you use the stock one it will keep a little bit of preasure in the rear brakes and you will have all sorts of troubles. Trans ams had 4wheel disc brakes as an option. Hope that helps.