PDA

View Full Version : LRF Shock ?

gadirtracer
04-11-2011, 12:13 AM
What effects maybe experienced going from a twin tube to a mono tube w/100psi of nitrogen pressure? Both shocks are the same valving, but w/the added rod pressure of the mono tube, both shocks can't react the same, right?

gadirtracer
04-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Over 100 views, and no idea's?

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Gas shock will be looser off the gas on entry.

gadirtracer
04-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I figured it'd be similar to adding compression.

gadirtracer
04-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Entry was fine, needed to be a tad freer getting in anyhow, but had a killer throttle push! Went w/same bite as w/other, twin-tube LRF shock. (Setting bite w/shock off, btw)
Do I need to decrease the LR bite to remedy the throttle push with the new gas shock?

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-18-2011, 11:16 AM
You need less wedge in the car at the point of throttle application. That is a snap-shot in time in dynamic situation. What is the car's attitude at that point? Is it on the lr spring? What is going on at the rf at that point?

gadirtracer
04-18-2011, 01:30 PM
You need less wedge in the car at the point of throttle application. That is a snap-shot in time in dynamic situation. What is the car's attitude at that point? Is it on the lr spring? What is going on at the rf at that point?

Car stayed up on bars all the way through the corners. Had the RF buried, so much that, we may now have a RF shock bottoming out causing the throttle push. I hate to stiffen the spring though. I like the idea of removing LR bite. Car looks like it just has too much LR drive in it!