PDA

View Full Version : sirius radio users

golddirt
04-11-2011, 03:58 PM
has anyone tried cancelling services with this outfit? talk about a trip! the people do not understand the meaning of, i longer want your service. also are not truthfull when you sign up for service. i liked a few of the stations but it is NOT worth 175 bucks a year. be even nicer if they spoke fluent english.

runyou-2
04-11-2011, 05:49 PM
YES !i just cancelled my 3 accounts today. It took me over one hour and had to call back four times.I told the dumb b if they still charge my card i will show-up in person.I wouldn't even re-nue it if it was 10$ a YEAR now.They keep transferring your call hoping you hang up and say forget it.These daym slopes p!ss me off.I can see why some people go nuts and walk in and start shootin'.These slopes are pushing people to the limit nowdays.

Mosidebite
04-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Call em cancel/ demand an end to the relationship. Then call your credit card co and cancel all transactions by them. They left our service on for months before finally shutting it down.

blackford
04-11-2011, 10:35 PM
What they are doing is (as someone said) hopeing you will give up or just hang up. They will do anything not to lose a customer except lower your rate, however dish network has in the past lowered peoples rates if you threaten to drop the. All you need to do if you run into this situation with a company that refuses to hear you the first time is, tell them to stop harassing you, and immediately cancel your account!! That will shut them up quick and they will within seconds advising you that you are no longer in their system and if there is anything you need in the future too give them a call.

Remember the key word here is harassment!!

runyou-2
04-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Not with xm/sirius....they have your credit card# on file to have an account with them.When it comes time to renue they automatically charge your account unless you call them to stop.Problem is,they will keep transferring your call,then say they need to make adjustments to the account,another transfer,when it is not even due yet.They try real hard to get you to drop the ball.They offered 59.00$ a year for two years in a row but this time i told em' no i wont deal with anyone that tries to screw people.If i wouldn't of caught them in time it would have been $360.00 for 1 more year.I actually had to threaten em' with a lawsuit before she finally deleted me.

golddirt
04-11-2011, 11:22 PM
well it wasn't just me then , had one actually hang up on me because i told them that the product was not worth the money.the converstaion was actually pretty funny if it had not concerned me! I swear 8 year olds would be better at the job they do. i would file a complaint but i want nothing ever to with this outfit or anyone else who does business like they do.

primal2
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
I must have been a lucky one...only 36 minutes to kill the deal. They offered half price for a year and won't take no for an answer. Finally had to get ignorant after she exhausted my patience.

HighMaintenance2007
04-12-2011, 12:18 AM
I pay $144. $12 month $3 week

I enjoy Elizabeth Cook on Outlaw County 63 & Hillbilly Jim on Sat mornings,

along w Fred`s Trailer Trash ..

I find it a beter deal than having to sit thru commercials after paying TW cable $162

mnth..... w NO CBS Hi DEf on my Sharp `70 Quattron LED

If computer tv gcan just get their act together...

hogracer3d
04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
I just call the card in lost, pretty soon they are calling you wanting to deal.

They don' t do the lifetime plan anymore, I had it on a car I sold, but I figured somebody might as well enjoy it, plus I now get the multiple car discount because of it

roman
04-12-2011, 10:13 AM
This is one of the reasons i never pay for any service using dirct pay (credit or bank account), convenience is just not worth it in my book.

lokwaidid
04-12-2011, 10:33 AM
i have xm only and if you do a search on xm discounts and read you can get it for around $87 a year. it's better than listening to the same cds over and over. regular radio is just to commerical and gets old in a hurry for me. if you call and don't like who you're talking to, or they won't give you what you want, hang up and call back. you'll get a different operator who may listen .

racenut
04-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Sounds like the same garbage I went through a number of years back with DirectTV.... they refused to let me cancel.... I went through credit card company, told them that DirectTV was pulling a fraud on me and NO more charges were allowed, credit card company changed my account number. After a few months of harassing type calls, none of which I answered, they finally, after my 'contract' ran out, sent me a box to return the box, and I waited for a few more months until I got a check from them for $38 to send the box back to them....
Good Luck, Terry!

Clayton_Wetter
04-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I quit letting Dish Network use autopay and am trying to get away from using crdeit cards to pay for services. It seems that too many companies want to keep grabbing your money even when you've canceled their services they keep paying themselves with your money.

LMA
04-14-2011, 10:30 AM
We actually enjoy sirius. Good stuff for me (90's on 9, lithium, classic vinyl) and the kids (Disney, kid's stuff). I was going to cancel and trim the budget, but they offered to cut the price basically in half... I'll take that!!

golddirt
04-14-2011, 11:11 AM
this isnt about liking sirius programming. like i said, i liked some of the program's, just had to trim my spending and they were very obnoxious when i went to cancel service. sure they offered me some great deal's, about 9 options all pretty good deals actually but after they hung up on me the first time because i wanted to cancel well you get the picture. also when i activated them it took a very long time and many attemps so they didnt start out good with me in the first place. they kept trying to sell me what they wanted too but i would not allow the automatic hits on my card. i was to recieve renewal options which i got after the renewal time. i also ask to speak with a supervisor and was denied, typical shuck and jive. its my money and if you want it, you treat me with respect and i never got that from sirius. i have a ton of cd's to listen to.

HighMaintenance2007
04-14-2011, 11:33 PM
It`s a lot better than being a Clear Channel robot...

They are payihn REAL NUSIC iuth ther efolks

Lost Highway Records

Rounder records..

they all have email lists..

itunes email lets you know what is n sale

Facebook is a great place to stay in touch w or favorites, & learn out about the newcomers out there payin their dues.

Kenny Chesney ain `t the ONLY sob out there w a guitar

Ans dif you knew the real dirt on Clear Channel....

TackyTracker
04-21-2011, 02:26 PM
I like my Sirius also... Stern and commercial free radio with ton's of other channels that I like... I don't plan to cancel anytime soon

HighMaintenance2007
04-22-2011, 10:50 PM
and I just love hearing about Mudd Lick Kentucky on Saturdays..

:cool:

lazyifoto
04-27-2011, 06:31 PM
I like my Sirius radio. I drive a lot and it works for me. Howard Stern, Nascar , classic rock on channels 14-15....and some other stuff?????? football in the winter....I do miss BuBBa the love sponge though....on most days he was better than Stern, that's why he's gone...In My Opinion.....

HighMaintenance2007
04-27-2011, 07:19 PM
In additon to HillBilly Jim on Sat morns fron Mudlick KY ....

T H I S is why I listen every morning untiL 10 ....on channel # 63 outlaw Country ..

To get cooking & womanizing tips from the Queen ...ELIZABETH COOK ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-B2smTI0Y

(Very much worth the time, especially the dancing @ the end..)

btw

She is about to walk on stage @ The Gey Eagle in Ashevlle NC in just a few..

Elizabeth_I
04-28-2011, 06:33 AM
your posts are just awesome:)

HighMaintenance2007
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks Darlin, I`ll be home in time for suppa...