PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Setup Tracking Software

dualdj1
04-13-2011, 04:18 PM
I've been tracking suspension changes and effects on our Late Model with a spreadsheet over the past year, and finally decided to build a program to make tracking from race to race, night to night easier. It is in the very early stages, but my intent is to provide it to the racing community free of charge as a means to help low budget teams better track their changes to help improve on track performance.

Currently the software is a very early version, but I have it available for download at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/setuptracker/

Right now it's based on swingarm, but I will be making a 4 bar version soon as well. It is also primarily rear suspension, though I can also add front if there's enough desire.

I look forward to having others try it out, and letting me know what they'd like to see added. I currently plan to have either a reporting setup or some way to view data based on track conditions, as well as just previous nights/races.

Feel free to message here or PM me with any questions/comments.

1cln_sdime
04-17-2011, 01:13 PM
I like it cant wait to c the 4 bar version and also make a place to type notes for if u change tire pressure added trail or just any random things u may need to put in the notes that u dont realy need its own box with diff options but the program is def a good start

1cln_sdime
04-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Just seen where u could put in the notes realy like the program cant wait to get the 4 bar version! this is going to be alot better than the note book i have that takes 15 min to look threw to try to find what i need. One thing that would bee good if the track and the track condition saved with the date that way if ur trying to find what setup you used the last time ur track was like it is that night u will c it right away just somthing to think about

dualdj1
04-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Cha you got the source file, that's why it was tough. I think I have the download linking fixed. I'm new to this hosting site, so was having a little trouble getting it set to automatically pull the file i wanted of the zip with the program. It was trying to pull the source for some reason. The zip that's linked now only has the executable and an xml file.

1cln, Yep I will have that "reporting" capability to where you can go back and see previous nights/races by track condition, to help tune in your setup. I'm hoping to get the 4 bar version (it will actually be a combined version) up this week, I've got a good start into it just have to find some time to get the back end coding done. hoping to have it by thurs/fri.

1cln_sdime
04-18-2011, 02:53 PM
That would be awsome def ready to start using this hopefully next week, im also having a lil trouble trouble getting the dates to save. i will put n the night and the track and save it but on the main set up section it will not b there.

dualdj1
04-19-2011, 08:41 AM
That could be a problem with the refresh. If you close the form and reopen it, is the new night there?

I should have some time today, and will try and get back into it. I at least want all the basic functionality working.

dualdj1
04-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Updated today. Fixed the refresh problem.

Now has settings that can be used for either 4 bar or swingarm, along with a few other additions. You may have to start fresh with the new data (xml) file if you are using the first version, but can try with your old file first if you'd like.

wicid_1
04-19-2011, 09:12 PM
was wondering if its compatibale with windows 7? i downloaded and installed but it keeps giving me errors. i can eventually get in but after i add a night thats it cant do nothing.

dualdj1
04-20-2011, 08:27 AM
there looks to be a problem of some sort with the zip. yes this should be compatible with all windows versions. I have to run some errands this morn then will see if I can determine the problem.

dualdj1
04-20-2011, 08:54 AM
the problem was in the formatting of the xml data file, and has been fixed. the current zip posted has the correct xml file. let me know if there are any other issues that come up. I plan to keep revising this week and updating with new/revamped features.

Let me know if you like the radio button setup for the bars, or if you would prefer a drop down box (like selecting panhard type) with 1,2,3, etc. I kinda prefer the visual location style with the radio buttons, but that's just me.

dualdj1
04-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Made a few more updates, added weight caluclations and a few fixes. Also added a version number to be able to better track what version you are on when I put out an update.

OWM50
04-20-2011, 06:15 PM
i cant get anything to update on the program, it comes up with some sort of enocoding error, can you guys help me out on what the deal is? It says its a JIT Debugging issue...

dualdj1
04-21-2011, 08:29 AM
OMW Make sure you have a night highlighted in the Top Left (Night/Race) box. I haven't added much for error capturing at this point, as it's still in development, so don't know exactly what your issue is.

Mike, I can do preload no prob. My thoughts on the rate were, since pull bar doesn't use 5th coil, you could use the 5th coil box to list pull bar rate. That work ok?

Also, as I'm getting more and more responses, I'd like to consolidate this thread under the Late Model post (since there's no other good spot for it), so please respond with your comments and suggestions on this thread:

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?212276-Suspension-Setup-Tracking-Software

dualdj1
05-02-2011, 09:11 AM
bump. updates coming this week. check the thread under LM Tech for details.

dualdj1
06-02-2011, 03:03 PM
bump for new version. check thread under LM tech for details.

dualdj1
07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
bump for new version 0.4.2. See LM thread for more details.